New Boating Restrictions.

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

New Boating Restrictions.

Postby greenster » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:56 pm

A Little opinionated don't you guy's think?

20.26 BOATING RESTRICTIONS ON WMA

It is unlawful to operate motorboats or vesselsor manipulate any similar device on any WMA
in a reckless or negligent manner that endangers the life, limb or property of any person, including but not limited to: weaving
through congested vessel traffic; moving at a speed that exceeds the safe and reasonable limits under the circumstances or that creates a hazardous wash or wake upon approaching or passing vessels; colliding with or striking
another vessel, object, or person; or operating while intoxicated or under the influence of any narcotic drug, barbiturate, or marijuana or while under any physical or mental disability so as to be incapable of operating safely under the circumstances

It also is unlawful to operate motorboats or vessels or manipulate any similar device on any
WMA in violation of any provision of
Title 27,
Chapter 101 (
Ark. Code Ann. §§ 27

PENALTY: Class 2

Boating Restrictions on WMAs = 6pts

Hunting/Fishing Endangerment Prohibited =12pts
Assessment of additional points dependent upon severity of violation. A conviction for violating this regulation may result in the assessment of additional violation points up to and including lifetime revocation of privileges when associated with the following occurrences:
With Property Damage= 18pts
With Personal Injury = 30pts
With Human Fatality =Lifetime

http://www.agfc.com/enforcement/Documen ... proved.pdf
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Re: New Boating Restrictions.

Postby Claybird » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:30 pm

We all new it was bound to happen. We all make choices to hunt when and where but good Ol Uncle AGFC is trying to protect us. HA! I thought we already had boating laws concerning close proximity to other vessels. I have been saying this for a number of years at every meeting I can make it to "we do not have a large number of people causing the problems, more restrictions just cause more problems. What we have in my opinion is a failure to enforce the rules we have. In other words we have an enforcement issue." Also thanks to the crybabies that still wanted to leave decoys out I cant leave my 40hp 1546 in the water... Just my opinion

I would like to add that I have all the respect in the world for the Dave Donaldson era of the AGFC
Claybird
hunter

Postby steve-o » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Claybird wrote:We all new it was bound to happen. We all make choices to hunt when and where but good Ol Uncle AGFC is trying to protect us. HA! I thought we already had boating laws concerning close proximity to other vessels. I have been saying this for a number of years at every meeting I can make it to "we do not have a large number of people causing the problems, more restrictions just cause more problems. What we have in my opinion is a failure to enforce the rules we have. In other words we have an enforcement issue." Also thanks to the crybabies that still wanted to leave decoys out I cant leave my 40hp 1546 in the water... Just my opinion

I would like to add that I have all the respect in the world for the Dave Donaldson era of the AGFC

40 hp on a 1546, Isn't that unlawful?
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Claybird » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:32 pm

steve-o wrote:
Claybird wrote:We all new it was bound to happen. We all make choices to hunt when and where but good Ol Uncle AGFC is trying to protect us. HA! I thought we already had boating laws concerning close proximity to other vessels. I have been saying this for a number of years at every meeting I can make it to "we do not have a large number of people causing the problems, more restrictions just cause more problems. What we have in my opinion is a failure to enforce the rules we have. In other words we have an enforcement issue." Also thanks to the crybabies that still wanted to leave decoys out I cant leave my 40hp 1546 in the water... Just my opinion

40 hp on a 1546, Isn't that unlawful?

That was how express built and rated the boat
Claybird
hunter

Postby steve-o » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:05 am

Wow. That thing must almost fly.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby greenster » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:37 am

I thought we already had boating laws concerning close proximity to other vessels

Yes we already have the law's, no they are not enforced, I think some of them are where written as to only include navigable waterways and fine only. AGFC found the small fine wasn't enough to detour repeat violators, thus point's will be accessed now.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Claybird » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:39 pm

steve-o wrote:Wow. That thing must almost fly.

32.7mph with the dog holding the front down
Claybird
hunter

Postby steve-o » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Claybird wrote:
steve-o wrote:Wow. That thing must almost fly.

32.7mph with the dog holding the front down

I was expecting a lot more.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby greenster » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:33 pm

I get about 10MPH...

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ranger07 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:48 pm

[/quote]40 hp on a 1546, Isn't that unlawful?[/quote]

We run 40s on 1448s and 1442s regularly at 47mph. These boats are only rated for 25hp but its legal here in GA. Is this illegal in Arkansas?
ranger07
hunter

Postby Slash LaReux » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:46 pm

ranger07 wrote:
40 hp on a 1546, Isn't that unlawful?[/quote]

We run 40s on 1448s and 1442s regularly at 47mph. These boats are only rated for 25hp but its legal here in GA. Is this illegal in Arkansas?[/quote]

I think I would stick to what is on your transom, and I'm pretty sure most 14 footers ( non v-bottom ) are rated to 20 hp. The problem with your 40 might be the place you choose to operate it. Some areas have hp restrictions. Of course I'm not a lawyer or a game warden although I have been checked by the later on many occasions and once or twice the plate on the transom was scrutinized. Only to justify the safety equipment the gentleman with the badge thought I needed to have on board and what I had on board which matched my boats length.
Slash LaReux
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:08 pm

All motorboats powered by engines of more than 50 horsepower, and all PWCs, must be covered by a liability insurance policy.

person who is of legal age to operate a vessel, whether an Arkansas resident or a non-resident, and who is born on or after January 1, 1986, must have:

A boating education certificate showing successful completion of an approved Arkansas Game & Fish Commission (AGFC) safe boating course or …
A valid boating education certificate issued by another state from a boating education course

All vessels must have at least one USCG–approved Type I, II, III, or V PFD (life jacket) for each person on board.
In addition to the above requirement, one USCG–approved Type IV (throwable) PFD must be on board vessels 16 feet or longer.

On Arkansas state waters, all motorboats must have lighting sufficient to make their presence and location known to any other vessels. On federal waters you must have nav lights.

All vessels on federal waters are required to have a Type B fire extinguisher(s) on board if one or more of the following conditions exist:

Inboard engine
Closed compartments where portable fuel tanks may be stored or in which flammable or combustible materials may be stored
Permanently installed fuel tanks

Overloading or Overpowering is loading or powering the vessel beyond the recommended carrying capacity or horsepower shown on the capacity plate installed by the vessel's manufacturer, which is illegal. Also, it is illegal to load a vessel without a capacity plate in a manner that is unsafe or that results in the vessel sinking or capsizing.

Answer Take your plate off. I don't have one.

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Slash LaReux » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Don't know about taking the plate off ........... But then you could but a plate on that shows a bigger engine back on and nah I'd probably not come out well on that. But something you might want to carry if you hunt the new no wake areas is your boats registration , if you don't already, someone might just ask to see it. If they decide to enforce the new rules unlike the old ones.
Have fun and be safe Sat. Is closer than you think!
Slash LaReux
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting