LR Bass Pro

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

LR Bass Pro

Postby greenster » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:46 am

Just wondering how many have been to the LR bass pro? I have been everyday since the opening checking out more. I only went opening night because it was conservation night and 50% of sales went to the Game and fish foundation. Watched some fishing seminar's last couple day's and got to talk with Fred zink some. Not sure about most of his duck call, Though I have a power hen that I like. He blew on some goose call's, Pretty sure he's the world chicken calling champion. Good guy all in all.

My biggest concern there is indeed the Waterfowl section. It's umm lacking for a large Arkansas based retail outdoor store. The biggest problem I seen was they carry NOTHING in Bottomland camo pattern. Not a gun case, Not any waders, Not any jacket's...NOTHING, Major oversight IMO. I passed up on buying a new gun case and some other item's because I could get them CHEAPER at mack's in the pattern I want, yes it's BAD when you can get something cheaper at macks. GLOVES.. Did not see one pair of waterfowl gloves.. By waterfowl I mean Waterproof. Steel shot ammo selection is good, But they carry very few 2 3/4" in any decent Weight's and size. The REST of the store is good like most basspros, Fishing section is always Epic. I was just expecting more for the waterfowl, being the only BP in the "Duck capital State" I figured they wanted to take advantage and be more competitive.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Re: LR Bass Pro

Postby Landonmeeks23 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:54 pm

It's not mallard pro shop it's bass pro shop. There are definitely going to cater to fishing no matter where they are. Even tho Arkansas is a major duck hunting state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Landonmeeks23
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:05 am

Landonmeeks23 wrote:It's not mallard pro shop it's bass pro shop. There are definitely going to cater to fishing no matter where they are. Even tho Arkansas is a major duck hunting state

very true, But really how hard is to say when your ordering..Give me a few in bottom lands. Plenty of room in there. Id be willing to take the over as waterfowl manager. Shoot me a PM Bass Pro.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Landonmeeks23 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:09 pm

I agree. They should carry bottomland lol. One of the most common patterns

Landonmeeks23
hunter

Postby jdr » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:09 am

Has it died down any? We make a yearly visit to Little Rock to do some Christmas shopping, thought about stopping in there.
jdr
hunter

Postby rivershark » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:14 am

i asked certain people who make those choices on what products to sell and/or distribute throughout bass pro and other retailers, the responses were all the same, "theres not enough money in bottomland" i know this seems like a bogus concept in our own eyes in arkansas but they think of it in a nation wide scale. there are only a handful of states besides arkansas that want a timber pattern for waterfowl. and in those other states that would sell bottomland, only a small majority would purchase bottomland camo over a field/grass amo pattern. the fact on paper is this, when they make a product in a factory with one camo pattern, it has to be mass produced to form a real profit, and by mass produced i mean more than a few thousand.. so since the demand is higher for a grass camo, thats where they will invest the money. i personally think bottomland is top notch in the timber and i myself find it hard to get the certain products i want in bottomland. nothing makes me hotter than looking for waders and the only pattern anyone wants to sell them in is blonde..
i dont know who you are or where you're going, but its a race to get there!
there are 3 things that make or break a friendship: politics, religion and duck hunting
rivershark
hunter

Postby greenster » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:24 am

Yeh, that makes a lot of sense river, The % of hunters nation wide that use it is or could use it.pretty low.. Probably less than 10% I guess it's back to the specialty shops for bottomlands. I find Breakup is pretty good to during early season, but come January I like bottomlands.

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rabbitdundied » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Did you notice if they carried any Nat Gear?
rabbitdundied
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting