NWA duck hunting 2013

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

NWA duck hunting 2013

Postby t_scho » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:43 am

Hey guys I go to the University here and can't seem to find anyone who would be interested in duck hunting. Also, I still haven't found a good spot to whack em this season. I'm originally from the east Texas area and have private land there to hunt, so I feel kind of deprived of the opportunity to get out and hunt here in Arkansas. It is my passion to hunt (waterfowl specifically). If anyone out there has any good locations you know of, I would love to learn of them. Also, if anyone wants someone to hunt with, I'd love to join in. Thanks everyone.

Trevor
t_scho
Newb

Re: NWA duck hunting 2013

Postby AR Dave » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:18 am

Trade an E Texas Hog Hunt..
AR Dave
hunter

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:12 am

t_scho wrote:Hey guys I go to the University here and can't seem to find anyone who would be interested in duck hunting. Also, I still haven't found a good spot to whack em this season. I'm originally from the east Texas area and have private land there to hunt, so I feel kind of deprived of the opportunity to get out and hunt here in Arkansas. It is my passion to hunt (waterfowl specifically). If anyone out there has any good locations you know of, I would love to learn of them. Also, if anyone wants someone to hunt with, I'd love to join in. Thanks everyone.

Trevor

I was in the same boat 5 years ago. But man no one is gonna give you holes. We all hoofed them. My advice for you. Beaver is ok (might kill 3 really dumb gadwall). I would go south 45 min.
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby t_scho » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:34 am

Where exactly south would be a good area? Is the fort smith area any good? Or anywhere specific that you know of?
t_scho
Newb

Postby grassduck » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:34 am

Ft Smith area is ok, really need a boat to access areas that are decent. Oklahoma offers great public areas with quite a few walk-in areas and better duck numbers than the River Valley. I pretty much only hunt Oklahoma when I am not hunting Eastern Arkansas.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunting/whereto.htm
grassduck
hunter

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:08 am

EDITED AND SENT VIA PM
Last edited by ArkansasRobertson on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:39 pm

EDITED: Use The PM System
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:41 pm

greenster wrote:EDITED: Use The PM System

Good idea. I just wanted everyone to know about places i dont hunt :D
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:42 pm

ArkansasRobertson wrote:EDITED AND SENT VIA PM

That's better - don't be sending people to places you never been... I'll pull out my Banjo! :fingerhead:
AR Dave
hunter

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:08 pm

I always tell them to hunt Frog Bayou. There are now 1300 hunters for every pond.
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby UofAduckman1987 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Jeez robertson, that's my honey hole. thanks a lot
UofAduckman1987
hunter

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:28 pm

UofAduckman1987 wrote:Jeez robertson, that's my honey hole. thanks a lot

haha

what up nicka
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby t_scho » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:08 pm

Alright yeah I'll take that into consideration cause I don't have a boat. I may just go the Oklahoma route even though that's a lengthy drive. And I don't wana go to frog bayou. I've heard a lot about it, but I'd rather shoot 3 ducks and enjoy nature in peace, rather than limit out and be surrounded by folks.
t_scho
Newb

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:10 am

t_scho wrote:Alright yeah I'll take that into consideration cause I don't have a boat. I may just go the Oklahoma route even though that's a lengthy drive. And I don't wana go to frog bayou. I've heard a lot about it, but I'd rather shoot 3 ducks and enjoy nature in peace, rather than limit out and be surrounded by folks.

Man. Pretty much this is how it works. The further you get from Fayetteville. The less people youll deal with.
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby PintailKiller » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Oklahoma is not as cracked up as it used to be...Now there is almost as much pressure as the Frog due to people from NWA going there. Also since Eufala is/was low, a bunch of people from that direction heading east towards Arkansas and that makes the closer areas much less desireable. I used to never have a problem with the amount of hunters in the locations I went to, but now there's entirely too many people there...If I lived in NWA instead of River Valley I would go to MO or SE KS. As it is, I probably won't go back to OK after this year.
Here comes two singles...
PintailKiller
hunter

Postby UofAduckman1987 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:46 am

t_scho wrote:Alright yeah I'll take that into consideration cause I don't have a boat. I may just go the Oklahoma route even though that's a lengthy drive. And I don't wana go to frog bayou. I've heard a lot about it, but I'd rather shoot 3 ducks and enjoy nature in peace, rather than limit out and be surrounded by folks.

You won't be enjoying any nature in peace at the OK walk in areas. They are just as crowded as any WMA in arkansas that I've been to if not worse. It's also $175 +/- a year to hunt it. My advice would be to find a handful of areas along the AR river valley and buy a boat. If you don't see any birds flying by 9, start cruising around and looking for them. They are in the area but they change weekly.

This cold front coming in late this week will be an ideal time to hunt, be careful on the roads and find some birds! :grooving:
UofAduckman1987
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting