New to the area

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

New to the area

Postby Whansen » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Hello, I'm a duck and upland
Bird hunter who has Just moved to Memphis from Iowa. I'm finding it very difficult to get my feet wet with some Arkansas ducks. I have a first year chocolate lab who has already been on dozen ducks for early season in Iowa. She is very well trained and behaved for being only a year and a half old. I love the outdoors, and meeting new people to share the experiences with. I'm looking for some tips on locations in eastern Arkansas. Anything helps as I have no contacts or friends down here. I would love nothing more than to get experienced with hunting down south. And meeting
People who share the love of the great outdoors.
Thanks. WmH
Whansen
Newb

Re: New to the area

Postby Trent_Rivers » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Most likely not gonna get anything nice asking for locations haha. I would start by looking at the AGFC website though. Then drive to the wma's and scout.
If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.
Trent_Rivers
hunter

Postby Whansen » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Thanks Trent. I appreciate the tips. A scouting mission is my immediate future. Things are done a little differently down here than I'm used to back up in Iowa. First time in a forum like this, trying to use all the resources I have down here. My dog Muddy and I appreciate all the tips we can get. It's rough for a Iowa country boy stuck in the city.
Whansen
Newb

Postby Whansen » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:10 pm

All for the love of the hunt.
Whansen
Newb

Postby rabbitdundied » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:10 pm

I found a good hunting buddie on this site. If you weren't two hours away we could add you to the group. Have a camper?
rabbitdundied
hunter

Postby gomer snerd » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:41 pm

You're a duck????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
gomer snerd
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting