Anybody Want to help an out of stater?

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Anybody Want to help an out of stater?

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:42 pm

I've been hunting cache for years and always done good there and was planning on going back tomorrow but my uncle scouted all day today and hasn't found a thing. Still want to make the trip with one of my buddies but don't know what to do. Also thought about dagmar. Any help would be appreciated, not just looking for handouts, just don't want to drive 10 hours with the only knowledge i have being no ducks. PM would be great
It's not a passion it's an obsession
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Re: Anybody Want to help an out of stater?

Postby CrazyDrake » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:31 am

Do you trust your uncle?
CrazyDrake
hunter

Postby cladux » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:31 am

What parts of the cache has he scouted?
cladux
hunter

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:43 pm

yeah he's been hunting there for years, he has covered the south part, said there hasnt been any shooting in the mornings
It's not a passion it's an obsession
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Postby miklm » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Same situation... we have friends on the ground in the same areas you mention, they were burning 'em down over the weekend & Monday, but the birds have quickly left this week. We were leaving Friday headed that way, now we're sitting here trying to figure out what to do...

We'll put our time and miles in scouting, just trying to have some kind of game plan before driving 6-9 hours.
miklm
Newb

Postby cannon » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:02 pm

miklm wrote:Same situation... we have friends on the ground in the same areas you mention, they were burning 'em down over the weekend & Monday, but the birds have quickly left this week. We were leaving Friday headed that way, now we're sitting here trying to figure out what to do...

We'll put our time and miles in scouting, just trying to have some kind of game plan before driving 6-9 hours.

It's a full moon. Ducks haven't left, they're just coming out when you can't hunt em. My place sounds like the Super Bowl after dark.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby miklm » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:24 pm

cannon wrote:It's a full moon. Ducks haven't left, they're just coming out when you can't hunt em. My place sounds like the Super Bowl after dark.

Good point. Heard the same thing from some older guys a little bit to the north of that area also. Thanks. I have Monday off work so it's a good chance for me to get out of town to try to hunt. Beats sitting at the house or sitting in a deer stand.
miklm
Newb

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting