delta duck hunters with Jay Cranford

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, whisperin' duck, greenster

delta duck hunters with Jay Cranford

Postby bbducks » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:11 pm

This guide service has got to be the biggest joke! Lodging in a very small space with 8 people breakfast included was a biscuit from a convenient store. Paid for a goose hunt with Antonio Jones and he didn't put decoys out so we had to sit in a blind with 4 other guys 10 hours from south Georgia to be lied to!
bbducks
hunter

Re: delta duck hunters with Jay Cranford

Postby duckbusta11 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:37 am

Yeah, it seems like that's all I've heard about these guys. Pay to get lied to... :no:
duckbusta11
hunter

Postby Hbnel5on » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:46 am

Hunted 2 days in his fields/willow hole.. 1000$ a day.. One duck in both days. It was :censored:

Some coot stole my fone.
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Hookers and blow.
Hbnel5on
hunter

Postby bbducks » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:22 am

[size=85][I wouldn't say much about world champion Antonio Jones either. I understand its hunting and birds come and go but to not put decoys out for a customer! I would recommend no one go with them. It was a big cluster from the time we showed up!/size]
bbducks
hunter

Postby bbducks » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:24 am

Antonio said I can have a free hunt! Well I'm 10 hours away prob won't happen!
bbducks
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:20 pm

AJ is about as cool as AIDs....real piece of work. That's not coming from hearsay either!! Have had several dealings with him and his cronies over the years...they DO NOT represent good on our sport/heritage.

Note: the dealings that I've had with him are not business related so please do not interpret this as a disgruntled client or what-have-you. All dealings have been a direct reflectance of his character and integrity...or lack thereof
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Mallardmaster1 wrote:We saw tons of ducks had a great time we will be back next year!
2013-12-16 11.13.20.jpg

I hunt 3 days a week in Cali. Some days we kill em and some days we dont.
The hunt w Jay and Delta Duck Hunters was the best hunt I have ever been on! Jay has a Facebook page for all to see..

Bedminster NJ
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NoDucks » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:43 pm

Jay Cranford is just bad business. He knows the mods on the forum pretty well, I'm assuming because every bad post keeps getting locked and usernames banned. The whole point in a forum is to make others aware of their experience, good or bad. If the "Guides" keep threatening to sue people because someone wrote a bad review on a forum, moderators keep locking threads and banning people from their site, then what is the point in running these forums?
NoDucks
Newb

Postby cannon » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:58 pm

NoDucks wrote:Jay Cranford is just bad business. He knows the mods on the forum pretty well, I'm assuming because every bad post keeps getting locked and usernames banned. The whole point in a forum is to make others aware of their experience, good or bad. If the "Guides" keep threatening to sue people because someone wrote a bad review on a forum, moderators keep locking threads and banning people from their site, then what is the point in running these forums?

No. Mods locked the threads because of spam. By spam, I mean a forum user signed up and intentionally made very easy-to-spot comments about how good that service supposedly was. The rules of this forum and website in general are that you cannot use these public forums to promote commercial activities unless you are a sponsor, and neither he nor the guide service he was pimping were sponsors. The remedy for that is to delete the thread and ban the user who was violating the rules, which is what the mods did.

Don't drag the mods into this. They do a thankless job and get nothing in return. And the ones on this forum do it well.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby cannon » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:01 pm

Oh, and the last one that got locked got locked because I was in a pissing contest with another user. Didn't have anything to do with the thread or the retarded comments that came before that pissing match. Mods did what they should have. I was warned, as I should have been, and carried it a step farther than I should have.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby bbducks » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:25 pm

Well he is a joke has worst lodging I've ever seen 1 duck 2 geese in 2 days we had to go stay in a hotel. There wasn't even enough room for our clothes we had to keep them in the truck! A man can tell you anything when your 10 hours away
bbducks
hunter

Postby bbducks » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:03 pm

greenster wrote:
Mallardmaster1 wrote:We saw tons of ducks had a great time we will be back next year!
2013-12-16 11.13.20.jpg

I hunt 3 days a week in Cali. Some days we kill em and some days we dont.
The hunt w Jay and Delta Duck Hunters was the best hunt I have ever been on! Jay has a Facebook page for all to see..

Bedminster NJ

And his Facebook page is also a joke he steals other peoples photos. He added 3 photos the day we were there we were the only hunters hunting. And we killed one duck so I know he steals photos! And the pic he posted the day before we got there was a pic on his wall. I bet he didn't print it and frame it that day!
bbducks
hunter

Postby Andy125 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:13 pm

We just got back from Delta Duck Hunting with Jay Cranford and I wanted to post our experience.
1. Our group has hunting all over the state of Arkansas for over a decade, and we have seen the goods and bads of duck hunting. We understand you can't shoot your limit everyday every year. This year we tried something new and booked a guided trip with Jay Cranford.
2. We were told we would hunt several spots over our 3 days there, and do evening hunts in other locations if we did not bag our limit.
Okay so here we go:
When booking the trip we sent half the deposit of which he called later and said we did not send him, so we had to track our cleared check and prove that we did. And upon our arrival he notified us that we would be hunting the same blind (morning and evening if need be) for the next 3 days. He met us at the road took the other half of the money and we NEVER saw him again. The blind was about 1,000 yards away from where he told us (we figured that out at 5:00 in the morning) it was a crate that had 5ft walls, a 1 ft bench, and a 7 ft half plywood ceiling. The blind was filled with fresh floating shells and a half a box of good shells that were left there. After we cleared enough trash out of the way we started the hunt. It was terrible. We called Jay to let him know and he said yeah birds are slow right now (okay that happens, we know the drill). Well there was plenty of shooting within 500 yards of us to know it was not a bird problem. So he we called him and grudgingly moved us to a new spot, he gave us sketchy directions by phone, but we found our way eventually. We moved to a new spot and and same story. When voicing our frustrations (not about the ducks necessarily, but about the business ethics) he simply told us to switch to deer hunting. After over a decade of hunting in Arkansas this was the single worst experience I and my buddies have ever had. And make no mistake Jay Cranford could have cared less. All I want known is our true experience, and I left out half of it for sake of time and words. If you would like to know more please feel free to ask and I will be happy to share the rest of our trip.
Andy125
Newb

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:34 pm

Sorry your trip was a bust.Thanks for posting!
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby Andy125 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Sure thing. I just want to let people know what we experienced. Needless to say we would love some info on a decent guide service.
Andy125
Newb

Postby AdamS » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:12 pm

I also went with a group to hunt for 3 days with jay. Iv been to Arkansas when it's good and when it's bad. We had the birds all around us just none near us. They weren't coming anywhere near that blind. We were told when we arrived "when nobody else has ducks this blind has Ducks". This ain't my first rodeo and when I heard that I knew it was either going to terrible or he was actually telling the truth. It was terrible. Besides the fact we didn't have ANY ducks coming near the blind we were told we would hunt different blinds. When the question was asked about going to another spot we got the "this is the best spot". So the promise of hunting different blinds was a lie. I could go on for hours about this guy. Needless to say save your money and find a reputable guide service who you see more than the day you give him your money.
AdamS
Newb

Postby Willp5 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:17 pm

I'm glad I found this forum so I could voice my concern about Jay Cranford and this "guide service". I recently went to Arkansas for the first time and used Jay. His website was promising, so as anyone does when they use a guide, I took a chance. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. We saw him once the entire trip and that was to collect our money and show us the only field we would be hunting, after telling us before we arrived that we would not hunt the same spot more than twice. He showed no intentions of making sure our trip was memorable or successful. Now granted, I understand we are talking about ducks, so nothing is ever 100% guaranteed. But the lack of professionalism was astonishing, and it reflected in the "blinds" we hunted from. Now the website says you can have an evening hunt if the morning hunt is a bust, and we did get to do that. But once again, the evening spot was just as bad as the morning spot. Fresh spent shells along with brand new shells were in the blind, trash was floating around, and the overall management of the blind was mediocre at best. I don't mind someone being honest upfront and telling me to come out with conditions being sub-par, but don't portray the image that your guide service is the best thing since sliced bread then put me in a shot-out field where no ducks want to be. If you are reading this, do yourself a favor and explore other options.
Willp5
Newb

Postby Bluegiller » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:07 pm

I hate it for you guys coming in, paying, and having a horrible experience. Thanks for the heads up on the crappy service.

However I have one question. I saw in at least two posts how someone is complaining about no birds but say they had a blind full of fresh shells. Why would there be fresh shells if no birds were around?
Bluegiller
hunter

Postby steve-o » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:46 pm

This forum is not a place to come to air out your personal vendetta with another person. When you joined this site you agreed to that in the terms and conditions.`
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting