reputable dog trainers in AR

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

reputable dog trainers in AR

Postby delaware waterfowl » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:33 pm

i have a 5 month yellow lab pup i was looking to send off for some formal training when he is 6 months old. does anyone have any experience with professional dog trainers in the state? i was looking at webb footed kennels and duck band retrievers. if you have personal experience with there guys or have any suggestions on other trainers in the area i would like to hear what you gotta say. thanks!
delaware waterfowl
hunter

Re: reputable dog trainers in AR

Postby firedawg1513 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:20 pm

try brian aston (cutting edge retrievers, jonesboro). he's a top notch dude. :beer:
savin lives & destroyin property since 2002...
firedawg1513
hunter

Postby delaware waterfowl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Thanks for the info! I will give him a look. Have you or anyone you know used him for obedience training?
delaware waterfowl
hunter

Postby firedawg1513 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:35 am

no sir i have not. i have gotten to know him through a lease. my trainer knows him and his father and says they do good work (both train in jonesboro and w. tennessee). i would just recommend him as a person. he's an honest guy. that and goin off my trainer's word. :beer:
firedawg1513
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:20 am

firedawg1513 wrote:no sir i have not. i have gotten to know him through a lease. my trainer knows him and his father and says they do good work (both train in jonesboro and w. tennessee). i would just recommend him as a person. he's an honest guy. that and goin off my trainer's word. :beer:

Who do you know that trains in west Tennessee?
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby firedawg1513 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:03 am

brian's father (tim aston) trains in west tn. Waynesboro i'm thinking (if I understood correctly). I do not know him personally, just goin off of my personal experience with brian and my trainers word. I think their web site is saddleridgeretrievers.com
firedawg1513
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:04 am

firedawg1513 wrote:brian's father (tim aston) trains in west tn. Waynesboro i'm thinking (if I understood correctly). I do not know him personally, just goin off of my personal experience with brian and my trainers word. I think their web site is saddleridgeretrievers.com

Gotcha. Was thinking I might know them, but I don't.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby delaware waterfowl » Tue May 13, 2014 11:13 pm

ended up sending my dog to chris akin of webb footed kennels. thanks for all the reply's though
delaware waterfowl
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting