Public Areas near Little Rock

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Public Areas near Little Rock

Postby macymae1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:02 pm

Can anyone help me by naming public hunting areas near Little Rock? I'd say within 1.5 hours or so.

I'm just hoping to get a list of the various areas so that I can check out any maps and possibly scout before the season begins.

I'm familiar with Bell Slough, Harris Brake, and Nimrod. I started really focusing on duck hunting last year and went to those areas. I was hoping someone might be able to help me out by naming some others that I might be able to check out.

Thanks for any help.
macymae1
hunter

Postby brassass » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:06 am

look towards the east, several good places can be had within 1.5 hours
brassass
Forum & State Moderator

Postby macymae1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Any places that you might recommend for someone who is (1) a beginner and (2) only has a boat with a 9.9 HP.

I've heard stories of mad boat races in the WMA ditches and I know that my 9.9 is not at all capable of competing with the other 25 HP boats. I don't want to get run over or aggrivate other hunters.

Just trying to get a pre-season idea before I actually experience it all this season first-hand.

Thanks for the help.
macymae1
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:23 pm

Your best bet would be to check out the Arkansas game and fish website to get a list of places then go check those places out and mark yourself some spots.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby greenster » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:37 pm

only has a boat with a 9.9 HP.

your sure its not a camo 9.5hp?
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby macymae1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:52 pm

nope, 9.9 that I just recently painted green. Why?
macymae1
hunter

Postby big savage » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:57 pm

greenster wrote:
only has a boat with a 9.9 HP.

your sure its not a camo 9.5hp?

I feel sorry for the guy who comes in here braggin on his new boat with the blue switches in the bow.

So no updates on that front yet greenster?
If it hops, it drops. If it flies, it dies.
big savage
hunter

Postby macymae1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:15 pm

OK, I figured out why you were asking.

I hate to hear about things like that. I'll never understand what causes people to steal anything, big or small.

I hope you find it greesnster.
macymae1
hunter

Postby greenster » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:24 pm

I found the guy.... But He never told me where it went. I figured the meth head sold it.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Teal ???

Postby airforcehunter » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:00 am

Does anyone ever do any good on Teal in Bell Slough

Iv experienced the madness that is opening morning and the weekends out there for the first time this year after moving to Arkansas.

Just wondering because i'm TDY in the Air Force until 22 Sept and am looking for a place to bang a few teal when i get back for the few remaining days of the season

Thanks
A Bad Day Hunting is better than a Good Day at work...and a Close 2nd to Sex!!!
airforcehunter
hunter

Postby Pluckyduck » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:46 pm

greenster wrote:I found the guy.... But He never told me where it went. I figured the meth head sold it.

He probably knows. He just doesn't want to tell you.

You should be more convincing.

The red one goes on one and the black one goes on the other. Make sure his balls are wet.
Cornbread Duck Club---Head Navigator

"I'd rather stomp an extra hen then be asked to claim her by an enforcement officer." --overheard at a boat ramp.
Pluckyduck
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby greenster » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:04 pm

Hes not available to answer.

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Public Areas near Little Rock

Postby Shurli » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:30 pm

I am interested in knowing if there is any duck hunting near Morrilton, Arkansas as I will be there in October. Very new to hunting and live in San Diego. Any help would be appreciated.
macymae1 wrote:Can anyone help me by naming public hunting areas near Little Rock? I'd say within 1.5 hours or so.

I'm just hoping to get a list of the various areas so that I can check out any maps and possibly scout before the season begins.

I'm familiar with Bell Slough, Harris Brake, and Nimrod. I started really focusing on duck hunting last year and went to those areas. I was hoping someone might be able to help me out by naming some others that I might be able to check out.

Thanks for any help.
Shurli
Newb

Re: Public Areas near Little Rock

Postby AR Dave » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:51 am

So you're macymae1?
AR Dave
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting