Duck Hunting Forum banner

Public Areas near Little Rock

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  AR Dave 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me by naming public hunting areas near Little Rock? I'd say within 1.5 hours or so.

I'm just hoping to get a list of the various areas so that I can check out any maps and possibly scout before the season begins.

I'm familiar with Bell Slough, Harris Brake, and Nimrod. I started really focusing on duck hunting last year and went to those areas. I was hoping someone might be able to help me out by naming some others that I might be able to check out.

Thanks for any help.

#3 ·
Any places that you might recommend for someone who is (1) a beginner and (2) only has a boat with a 9.9 HP.

I've heard stories of mad boat races in the WMA ditches and I know that my 9.9 is not at all capable of competing with the other 25 HP boats. I don't want to get run over or aggrivate other hunters.

Just trying to get a pre-season idea before I actually experience it all this season first-hand.

Thanks for the help.

#4 ·
Your best bet would be to check out the Arkansas game and fish website to get a list of places then go check those places out and mark yourself some spots.

#9 ·
I found the guy.... But He never told me where it went. I figured the meth head sold it.

#10 ·
Does anyone ever do any good on Teal in Bell Slough

Iv experienced the madness that is opening morning and the weekends out there for the first time this year after moving to Arkansas.

Just wondering because i'm TDY in the Air Force until 22 Sept and am looking for a place to bang a few teal when i get back for the few remaining days of the season

Thanks

#11 ·
greenster said:
I found the guy.... But He never told me where it went. I figured the meth head sold it.
He probably knows. He just doesn't want to tell you.

You should be more convincing.

The red one goes on one and the black one goes on the other. Make sure his balls are wet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.