Happy Day!

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, duckman2000

Happy Day!

Postby Mattquack » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:03 am

My waiting period is over today! I get to pick up my new Mossberg 835 today!!! Wooooo hoooooo!!!!! :getdown: :yes:
Mattquack
hunter

cool

Postby benelliboy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:53 am

Congrats! Tell me how it shoots! I've always wanted to shoot one! Just to see how it shoots with 3 1/2 shells. I shot a mossberg 500 for 7yrs before I had to fix it too many times in the blind between birds! It was time though, I had put so many rounds through it! Still love that gun though! Lots of memories with that 500! By the way, have you seen those limbsaver recoil pads? They are awesome, I put one on my 20ga 870 and man what a difference! Even on a 20ga! lol
Dont call so damn much, and let the birds work
For christ sakes!
benelliboy
hunter

Postby #1wingnut » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:58 am

Sweet Gun :thumbsup: good choice

It is the "Ultri Mag" isnt it? 3 1/2"

I have one and it is a work horse, has never let me down at crunch time.
and I'm not easy on my guns (aka: boat oars) :yes:

I just bought a benelli nova last year for the same price as the mossburg
pretty much the same gun.
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Postby Mattquack » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:22 am

It is the ultra mag 3 1/2".

I haven't checked out the recoil pads, but I sure will. I've already got 3 boxes of 3 1/2" shells, so I'm sure I could use a little extra cushion.

I'm gonna clean it really well, then I'll be ready for the opener! Hopefully a few Sacramento refuge ducks will fall victim to my new toy. :thumbsup:
Mattquack
hunter

Postby tstrong » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:29 pm

I bought one last year and really really like it. When I 1st got I shot a box of shells at some skeet - you know in the dessert - t shirt - was a little sore. When in the marsh I don't even notice it.
tstrong
hunter

Postby puddlehunter » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:37 pm

congrats!
my 1st 3.5" was an Browning BPS ! I loved it! killed many of waterfowl for sure maybe countless numbers!
now I shoot an 3.5"Xtrema BERETTA, Browning o/u waterfowler dream gun! it shoots everything! best money I ever spent, it sweet!
Enjoy
puddlehunter
puddlehunter
hunter

Postby terryg » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:03 am

they can be sticky on the eject on occasion but it is an easy fix . if you have a problem let me know.

i have had an 835 since they first came out. killingest shot gun i ever owned and i have owned many. turkey, deer, pheasant, grouse, chukker, quail, duck, geese, woodcock.

make sure you get a good mounting grip as they have a habit of being cheek busters. think it has to do with the porting as it keeps the barrel down but the stock comes up.

i did find a quirk that mine doesn't pattern hevi shot worth a damn. anything else and it will sure enough put them out there. shot a few 3 1/2 but have never found the need. 3' will smoke about anything. :thumbsup:
terryg
hunter

Postby tstrong » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:16 am

I noticed that about the mossy's too. I thought it was me putting my cheek too far forward when shooting. I put my head almost against my shoulder and it doesn't get me.
tstrong
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting