Colusa Pond 2?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, duckman2000

Colusa Pond 2?

Postby hunt Chessies » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:54 pm

Anyone ever hunt this assigned pond. My buddy just had knee surgery and has the handicapp stuff for the pond. I have a very good rezzie but I do not know this pond very well compared to other areas, but I have never has this high of a draw. It is for sunday. Can anyone give me so help on this pond 2? It will most like be the one and only time i hunt this pond. Thanks guys!
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby Russell » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:14 pm

I may not be the one to ask but I shot it years ago in the mid 90's. At that time it was open water in the south half (with tule islands).... heavy tules in the north. Lots of people blab about it on the net on various forums...from what I've read it hasn't changed much.
Russell
hunter

Postby puddlehunter » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:23 pm

That pond does well I hunt colusa about once a week after the 1st shoot in Nov! Get to the parking lot fast and as far south as you can ,smaller puddle the better! dog is a must some thick tules unless they burned!
I could not see from the road when I stopped by last week! HIT EM HARD!
You will also get bird sailed to that pond from #3,#4,#6!
POND 6 AND WEST SIDE WILL DO WELL THIS YEAR!
Good luck!
Puddlehunter
puddlehunter
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:54 pm

thanks guys, the one nice thing is there will only be 3 groups total in that unit. I have another question do both hadicapp and the junior parties get to park in the back? or just the hadicapp groups? I was thinking of hunting the north end of pond 2 in the middle. What do you guys think? Or should we head more south of the unit? I know when i've hunted pond 1 we always went to the northern end of the pond.
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby buriani » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:42 pm

Two things: First, I believe the handicap ressies will have priority over you unless yours is a MI ressie. Second, I "think" the pond now has a handicap blind/peninsula available but I've never seen it. I assume (always bad to do) that is FCFS for the MI ressies.
Of the people, By the people and For the people
buriani
hunter

Postby puddlehunter » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:05 am

wrong!! no blind just a parking lot, and easy access and johnny law!
puddlehunter
puddlehunter
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:57 am

no i talked to someone there and they said this year they will have a blind out in pond 2.
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby puddlehunter » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:24 pm

I WILL CALL! Blinds will suck their! free roam is best at Colusa always.
puddlehunter
puddlehunter
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting