Hey Ryan

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Hey Ryan

Postby #1wingnut » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:21 pm

How'd the scouting go?

You did eat at wimpy's did you :tounge:

shoot me a PM
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Postby PinTeal » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:24 pm

Aint Ryan just the popular one? I called him today to see if he wanted to go out on the river.......he mentioned going to the delta to scout. He ended up not going because he had to do something with/for his mom...

Okay, I'll but out of your business now ;)

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Postby hunt Chessies » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:22 am

Yeah I had to pass on going to scouting due to birthday arrangements! But I am going bright and early tomorrow! since I didnt have time to take the boat out, I went to some property near folsom in the foothills to scout for geese. We have a couple ponds that we shoot for ducks and geese. The ducks were there but no geese! :pissed: Usually there are 150-200 geese using it right now and it shots good until we get the migraters coming threw. Hopefully their there by next week. I love shooting longnecks over decoys!
Anyone seeing any geese in the foothills? I know they have to be somewhere.
Dan- did I say lunch instead of launch? haha! Yeah and I'm in college!

Hey jeff, how was the fishing? did you get em today??!!! Many fish caught? Here is a pic of my dads fish last week.
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby dmas » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:30 pm

happen to be at folsom lake the other day in edh and saw a ton on geese on the shore. probably going to sound stupid but are these ponds private you shoot??
dmas
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:16 pm

dmas- Good to hear that they are up there. I think they wernt flying the other day because we had that little weather. I had tracks all over the pond so i know they must be using it.

the ponds are private. I am actually very lucky to have access to a couple very large ranches around sacramento. Just me and my friend are the only ones he lets on his properties. So no pressure and usually lots of birds, pigs, deer, turkey, etc.

Here is a picture of our main duck pond. when we get some rain everything in the picture will be covered with water. and we built a blind in the middle of the tules this year so it should be very good.
Our goose pond is nothing special just really a cow pond. but will be good with layout blinds and FB decoys.
hunt Chessies
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting