Anyone Huntin?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Anyone Huntin?

Postby ACEBLDRS » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:17 am

I can't belive all you guys arn't on here braggin about your hunts this past week and where you hunted, which parking lot, which pond/blind. Damn, i was hoping to get in some great web scouting this year. :laughing:

It is a lot funner if someone tells us where they are getting their birds, then someone else can go crazy askin "why are you telling everyone where your getting your birds" :thumbsup:

At least it keeps it interesting around here. :umm: sorry, just have to stir the pot a little :umm:
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby terryg » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:41 am

we got a spoonie, teal, and 2 mallets saturady out in the bypass but there aren't any ducks here yet. saw scads of specs flying over real high yesterday so they are coming.

heres a scouting repost for ya. we went by sutter on the way home yesterday. at 10 in the morning there was 7-8 cars in the lot, the warden was sitting on the powerbox catching some rays and said they took about 20 ducks.

plenety of sprig sitting in the closed area.

like i said. they just aren't here yet and the locals have already been tipped off or grilled. :thumbsup:
terryg
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:43 am

terryg- which bypass are you talking about? yolo or sutter?
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby terryg » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:19 pm

one of my blinds is in the sutter just south of the refuge.

never saw any ducks in the yolo you could actually get close to except in your car while driving by. :thumbsup: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
terryg
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:43 pm

Yeah went out the other day, 2 greenheads and a teal. fairly slow but its early for my club. I think i am heading to klamath/tule this weekend. Anyone been up there lately? how has the shooting been? any mallards?

I am going to go out to the club wednesday so i'll post up a report, good or bad!
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby puddlehunter » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:08 pm

LAST WEEKEND TALLIE.....AT Colusa
4 DRAKE MALLARDS
1 JUV SPECK(young and dumb and full of holes !)
2 GREENWING TEAL DRAKES(DOG FIND)
PUDDELHUNTER
puddlehunter
hunter

Postby Russell » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:34 am

Ace....

Which blind do I hunt? Where are the mallards? How did pond X shoot Sunday? Will there be any ducks there tommorow? Which parking lot? Which pond number? Can I shoot my ten guage? How may batteries will I need for my moto?...... :tounge:

I used to be one of the guys who would slam people for posting results from some of the smaller refuges (which can't often handle new pressure)....but now I just sit back and read. I figure if folks want to "give up" their refuges, and sometimes the actual pond #'s, and quite often with pictures I can recognize landmarks from????......this is good info for me to use to possibly go hunt that spot!!

As for my hunts?.....I'm still keepin' it REAL quiet. :mrgreen:
Russell
hunter

Postby terryg » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:00 pm

anytime you want to come hunt one of my blinds you are more then welcome.

just don't forget your key :thumbsup:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
terryg
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:44 pm

That is what i was kinda gettin at Russell. I was joking with the post, and all of a sudden there were beans on the floor! :laughing: I like to share my hunting stories and some pics, but I try to keep the pics pretty generic.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby dukaddict » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:51 am

We got this duck last weekend
maybe you guys could help me identify it

but seriously we got a few mostly gads and widgeon couldn`t keep the pins out of the dekes

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/at ... GP0976.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/at ... GP0970.jpg

there`s tons of birds up north but this storm should kickstart them on their way down the ponds are starting to freeze around the edges

hope you guys are doing well

oh yeah, that`s pond # can`t remember out of parking lot "garage" :mrgreen:
I didn`t find the spot until late saturday by watching the birds but still got 5 w/out dekes. It was just where they wanted to be. Sunday we were limited by 10am with dekes and everybody did the mad scramble right past this parking lot, I guess no-one hunts it???
We were the only two trucks there :getdown:
dukaddict
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting