Retrieving Machines

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Retrieving Machines

Postby WCWN » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:05 pm

OK, Lets see some dog pics. We know we wouldn't be as good with out our retrieving machines. Here is Lewis 3 years old, 70lbs from North Carolina, Whistle and hand signals. Blind retrieved 3 checks out. This year he is perfect 27 for 27 and 3 Geese.[img][url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=348577&c=500&z=1"][img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/348577.jpg[/img][/url][/img]
[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=348548&c=500&z=1"]Image[/url][img]
[/img]
WCWN
hunter

Postby dukaddict » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:34 am

Very NICE :salude:

Meet Jake

I`d blow the server with pics of the birds he`s dealt with in his 13 year career so here`s a few from this year so far

This teal gave us one heck of a chase so after we finished her off he carried her all the way back to the truck

Not only is he the bringer of all things retrievable.........

.......He`s my best friend,sleeps on my bed everynight and is creeping death to pheasants (11 so far)

I LOVE THIS DOG :thumbsup:
dukaddict
hunter

Postby dukaddict » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:05 pm

At the end of the day there`s nothing finer than a nice plump down pillow

dukaddict
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:42 pm

Very nice pics guys! Dogs are your best hunting buddy!

Duck Addict, do you always let your dog carry a bird back to the truck? My pup now loves to carry a bird back to the quad.
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:52 pm

here are a couple from this season.

First the young and the old in klamath

hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby terryg » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:39 am

my "eider girl"

and last year at 11 mths

and for those that think you have to have a lab for duck hunting, the "sadie meister"

terryg
hunter

Postby dukaddict » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:21 pm

hunt Chessies wrote:

Duck Addict, do you always let your dog carry a bird back to the truck? My pup now loves to carry a bird back to the quad.

Not usually but this was one tough retrieve, I never would have got this bird without him.We had six so we went scouting and were almost back to the truck when the greenwing sacraficed herself by flying too close but I only winged her.She went down in a canal and when we got close she jumped and I knocked her down again in some tules.We got close to where she went down and I sent Jake in, she kept sneaking away,whenever I got a glimpse I would send Jake with hand signals but she was always one step ahead of him taking advantage of the cover.She finally swam out in a small opening and I finished her off. The whole show took about 20 minutes and he was one wore out old dog so after he retrieved her I tossed her back to him and said "Here you earned this"
I figured he`d carry her for a little ways then give her back but he took her all the way in head held high and just kind of stood there by his door and said ok let me in.I snapped some pics and lifted him up into the pass. seat with that duck still in his mouth.
He set her down on the floorboard and put his head on his mallard pillow and fell asleep.
What a dog :thumbsup:

Actually I`ve always thought about some kind of doggy duck strap so he could help on those long walks out but I figure what the heck you don`t see me swimming out and rooting through the tules to get the birds so he earns his freedom from packing the gear.
But anything he wants to carry he`s welcome to it
except for that stupid mole he snuck into the truck and wanted to take home and keep when he was younger :eek:
but that`s another story :laughing:

Nice pics, thanks keep `em coming they`re all fine looking dogs!
dukaddict
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting