IT`S FROZEN (LOWER KLAMATH)

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, duckman2000

IT`S FROZEN (LOWER KLAMATH)

Postby dukaddict » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:54 am

Where there were ducks everywhere Friday, there was only the frozen tundra today.Winter is here and judging by the weather report it`s here to stay.Good for you down south boys bad for me.Oh well, it`s been a rockin` good year up north I guess all good things come to an end.
Good luck I hope you get some of the birds that I missed, :oops: I mean some of the birds that blazed me from my blind side and escaped.
dukaddict
hunter

Postby PinTeal » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:02 am

Good news for us. It has been a few years since we have had a good season as a result of it freezing up there. How thick is the ice, will it melt away during the day?

Thanks!

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Postby Roy » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:06 pm

Thanks for the report. this is a great (and honest) forum site.
Roy
hunter

Postby dukaddict » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:32 pm

PinTeal wrote:Good news for us. It has been a few years since we have had a good season as a result of it freezing up there. How thick is the ice, will it melt away during the day?

Thanks!

Jeff Given

Doubtful if it`ll thaw but you never know,I thought the freeze was here with the big storm a couple of weeks ago and look what happened it warmed back up shortly after.
I always heard stories about doing well up `till Thanksgiving now I see why.We always went later, after it froze, chasing geese and there was always very few ducks that`s why we decided to give it a try earlier this year you can bet I`ll be there every free day from the opener until freezup next year.
I should revise this post to it`s frozen HERE as I type this there`s 2" of snow outside the window and I live in Bella Vista just out of Redding.
I guess it`s time to hunt the valley see ya in the sweat lines.
Oh, when I got off work today and was heading for my truck a flock of Honkers flew right over me in the snow. I think they were trying to hit me with butt bombs.They`ll pay for that.
dukaddict
hunter

Postby PinTeal » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:36 am

Awesome report, thanks!!

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Return to California Duck Hunting