sit at home with a fever

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

sit at home with a fever

Postby BIGDUCKDAN » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:53 am

thursday morning runing a temp and sweating my ass off :pissed: the winds blowing in paradise like mad. i should be out hunting. i guess in my old age im just a wuss. :eek: i just want to kick this flu and go duck hunting. im siting here in my warm house thinking how fun the shoot would be. tho i if went went id be miserable out there :oops: yall stay away from this one its a bad one
BDD
BIGDUCKDAN
hunter

Postby worknem » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:11 pm

Feelin for ya Dan. I woke up this AM wishin I was a ricer or would have made a few calls last night to see if anyone had a spot open. It'd be worse if I was there, had access, but couldn't hang due to sick. I'll bet it's even worse to get those minute by minute updates from Dave. Gotta love this day and age in the communication dept. :mrgreen:

BTW. A big welcome in here. All us old farts need to keep the numbers up in here or the younguns would run right over us. Doesn't seem to be any sniping or outright wars in here.

Folks this guy has more duck knowledge in his hair folicals than I've got throughout. Been down the calling and event organizing comp route, guide service, and many, many ricer years in The Sac Valley. If we're good to him maybe he will be willing to share some of his experience.

Oh, before I forget. If a person was to wish to do a guided Sac Valley hunt, may do you well to PM him. He might be able to reccomend someone. I'd recommend the same folks pretty dang highly. Just tell em you want some Rattlesnake in the blind with you. :thumbsup:

Once again, good to see you in here!

Rel Atwood
worknem
hunter

Postby #1wingnut » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:19 pm

Bummer BDD,
It sucks being sick.. :thumbsdown:
almost as bad as having to work on windy days
I refuse to do either one..........again

:welcome:
I want to welcome you to the forum. : I,ve read some of your post on the OTHER site. Stop on by anytime.

hope you get to feeling better so you can get out there and enjoy.

Dan
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Postby BIGDUCKDAN » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:57 pm

thanks guys. i feel very welcome here :thumbsup: i like this forum. nice group of guys.ill come by often thanks
BDD
BIGDUCKDAN
hunter

Postby Duckbud » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:36 pm

Welcome BDD. It has to really suck being sick on a duck day. About six years ago I went out to the blind one cold Dec. morning with a flu bug. I must of had a major fever going since I was shivering like a mad man. I was so weak that I could barely pull up to shoot. At the end of the day, I barely made it back to the truck & turned on the heater & sat & thawed out for about 30 minutes. Drove back to the clubhouse in Lambertville & slept for the next 16 hours. I'll never do that again. Paradise huh? Real nice up there. I'm an old Chico stater & would always be venturing up that way from time to time. :smile:
Duckbud
hunter

Postby BIGDUCKDAN » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:52 am

thanks for the welcome db. im an old chico guy myself. just never went back to the bay area. the hunting and fishing was to good. i grew up in los gatos .
BDD
BIGDUCKDAN
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting