Great Day!

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Great Day!

Postby hunt Chessies » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:08 pm

It was a great day today. Hunting was slow in the morning, birds just wanted to fly and we passed on everything but mallards. Well they started coming in great and we were picking them off 1 at a time. Only had 2 flocks come in with more that 2 birds. Everything was just in pairs. Ended with 15 mallards and 3 sprig! God I love hunting!

We got another banded greenhead today. To bad it wasn't my turn! oh well, still nice to see. Birds worked in great and all it took was 1 shot at a time. We had 2 misfortunes, 2 scotch doubles so we got two hens. :pissed: I guess things could be worse. Only took one picture of the banded bird. I'll try and get it up tomorrow. So far thats 3 bands this season, only 2 were mine.

So whos going out tomorrow?

I was checking out the fuge and it looked like most people didn't do that well on ducks but hammered the geese.
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby stalns » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:31 am

:thumbsup: Glad someone is whacking them:)
Shoot Straight!!!

Gary Stalions
stalns
hunter

Postby PinTeal » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:14 am

Man, I've gotta stop visiting these sites...it's driving me CRAZY!!

I hope I can get into some goose action this season...otherwise I'll have to start saving gas money so I can drive to So. Cali to hunt ducks at my dad's club!

Good Job Ryan, were you huntin the rice?

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

good day

Postby Duckbud » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:34 am

7 quackers & 3 snows out at the blind in Lambertville. :getdown: Seen quite a few ducks but very decoy shy. Storm didn't hit like the weathercasters predicted; needed some rain with that wind.
Duckbud
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:09 pm

Yeah we were hunting the rice. Went out this morning and it was the complete oposite. Had one pair of mallards come in around 8 and dumped them both. That was it, no ducks flying at all. Came close on a couple specks but let them pass another round.

I don't know what I am going to do this weekend. Our club shoots like crap in the fog. I have never really done good in the fog unless its the high fog. Do you guys do good in the fog?

Hopefully we get another storm like yesterday again real soon.
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby worknem » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:35 pm

hunt Chessies wrote:Yeah we were hunting the rice. Went out this morning and it was the complete oposite. Had one pair of mallards come in around 8 and dumped them both. That was it, no ducks flying at all. Came close on a couple specks but let them pass another round.

I don't know what I am going to do this weekend. Our club shoots like crap in the fog. I have never really done good in the fog unless its the high fog. Do you guys do good in the fog?

Hopefully we get another storm like yesterday again real soon.

I remember you as having foothill access?

Rel Atwood
worknem
hunter

Postby DuckComander » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:52 pm

Chessies, want to take me out one day :)

up here in nevada, its really sucking for me.. so far i have hit up the marsh land here and got ZERO birds!! its like i have a curse on me or somthing haha

but i remember when i lived in Yuba, me and my dad hunted rice land out buy live oak area and we would do really good.
DuckComander
hunter

Postby #1wingnut » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:10 pm

Good job Ryan :thumbsup:

post up some pics Bro:umm:

Oh by the way, I saw a guy in a flat bottom with a mud buddy on it try in get to my hole on thur. wern't you was it?

Dan
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Postby dukaddict » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:46 pm

What a good day I hope you have many more :thumbsup:
dukaddict
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting