Sac Refuge

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000, PinTeal

Sac Refuge

Postby DuckComander » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:01 pm

im thinking about coming on down and trying it out. I have been reading alot of good things this year. I just have a few questions to ask the people that have been there.

1. since i havent put in a draw card.. what are the chances of getting a blind and how long is the normal wait?

2. when the web site says "deep" water, what do you compare it too??

i will be going on a weds so im hoping it wont be AS crazy as the weekends.
DuckComander
hunter

Postby Mattquack » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:29 pm

If you want to have a better chance at getting a blind, you should try to show up the night before and get a lottery number. between 6 and 8 pm. drawing goes at 8 sharp. I drew #2 on the lottery 2 sundays ago, and there were about 12 blinds left. You might get lucky, though because a lot of regulars have their favorite free roam areas. Personally I like the blinds better, but I have killed some ducks in free roam.

Deep water means over 2'. I've seen it as deep as almost 4', but that's going to be uncommon and brief.

Sac is my favorite refuge. You should have a good time. Don't be afraid to ask the people that work there for tips on where to go, etc.... They love to share everything they can to help.

Have fun!! :salude:

Matt
Mattquack
hunter

Postby DuckComander » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:22 pm

yea thats what i was thinking, just getting a number the night before or whatever because i would have to drive down anyways.

i want to go out there really bad, because right now.. this is my first year duck hunting in nevada.. and it sucks, nothing like california :thumbsup:
DuckComander
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting