AHH........PHEASANTS

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000, PinTeal

AHH........PHEASANTS

Postby dukaddict » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:40 pm

No 1:30 am alarm going off, no 2 1/2 hour drive through the treacherous mountains no mile long hike with the dekes no competition no freezing my you know whats off
Just a leisurely wakeup at 5:30 plenty of time for breakfast and COFFEE, an hour south on the freeway and then it`s just me, the old dog and the marsh
Did some tule bustin` today
3 shots-3 kills well 2 kills the last one got a headstart because I had to say "THIS ONE`S FOR DAN" so he got a little farther out than I like and was head up when he hit the tules but the old man made short work of him. I`ll give the bird an "E" for effort on the escape attempt
Just didn`t know who he was messin` with
I should have been carrying steel I could have got 3 mallards too but we bust our butts getting the roosters up I take no chances on the ammo nothing but pheasant maulers will do :thumbsup:

dukaddict
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:56 pm

Very nice! I haven't done as much pheasant hunting as I like. Thats hard work busting tule clumps but man can it be fun!

My buddies are telling me that the new kent matrix (something???) are deadly on the roosters and its okay for ducks. there expensive but so is good lead.
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby #1wingnut » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:03 pm

Great job Anthony :thumbsup:
I appreciete the thought, I'll take that one roasted :toofunny:

Iv'e been work'n on this living room all day. but I sure thought about you
when I got up this am to frost on the ground. I love chasin then around in the cold.

Again great job
You and Ryan have to be the only one's I know that hunt's more than me
I'll have to try and catch up with you guys

Dan
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Postby dukaddict » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:26 pm

Thanks guys
It was supercool, three on the first walk :yes:
it`s tough tule work. Jake & I are the only ones I know crazy enough to thrash ourselves that much for some birds.My brothers know to try to stay with us but they usually take the easy way if there is one and guard the outside. Luckily they all came up where I had a shot today since my nephew is taking his hunter safety test and my older bro wanted to be there and my other bro had to work it was just me and Jake.

You`ll love this Dan, I pay $100 bucks to join the Willows co-op every year and this honey hole isn`t even on club land

I have some bismuth for honkers I should get some nontoxic 4`s for roosters, I see woodies here sometimes too. I know I could dump the pheasants with steel but so many ducks hit the water swimming at 20 yards I`d rather pass on the ducks than lose a rooster
Winchester XX Magnums crush `em Dan`s bird was about 40-45 yards when I hit him the other two fell like a colorful stone from the heavens :thumbsup:

And hey, I`ve been there, married for 8 years, two boys one divorce. The most recent girlfriend lasted three years I gave up hunting days tiling the entryway etc. heck I even did yard work sprinklers and so on.Why do they always come up with these projects this time of year don`t they know it`s hunting season? :hammering:
dukaddict
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting