What a difference a day makes!

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

What a difference a day makes!

Postby hunt Chessies » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:50 pm

My hunting buddy who can only hunt weekends wanted to go out today and we decided on the club because we were going wine tasting.

Yesterday was terrible so I wasn't expecting much. Boy was I wrong. It was another great day. The birds worked in perfectly. All our shots were 15 yards right in the kill hole!!! Not a lot of birds flying. Just mallards and sprig but they wanted to work.

We shot our 10 mallards, 2 sprig and 2 teal for 2 nice limits by 9 am.

Sometimes the best days are when you aren't expecting much. I guess you just have to go to get em, everyday is different!

Theres nothing better than working mallards in the bright sun!

The first picture is of the band from thursday. This was the only picture i took due to the weather.

Todays hunt- pic taken around 8:10

It made my buddies weekend!

Me and the tired pooch
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby #1wingnut » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:07 pm

Ryan,
you are the BOMB! another nice strap:thumbsup:
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Good shoot'n

Postby winchester of tracy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:47 am

Ryan

Great pics dude. It looks like you had a greaaaat shoot. :getdown: :getdown:
QUACK KILLS
winchester of tracy
hunter

Postby SmokeyDog » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:55 pm

That's a nice haul. I know what you mean about not expecting much and then having a great time...unfortunately still waiting for one of those days. The rice near Willows today was probably going to be slow...and it sure was - didn't fire a shot...but had a good time anyway. Worked the dog some, and brushed up the blind. What else can you do? It's good to be out regardless. Again...nice shooting on your part!
CWA, DW, DU member
SmokeyDog
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:47 pm

Yeah I wish i would have went out today. Too much partying last night! I'll be back out there tomorrow morning! Its always nice to get out.

Smokey- Was there much of a flight?
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby BIGDUCKDAN » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:12 am

nice hunt way to spankem. nice looking dog you have there. he does have the hurry up and snap the pic im tired look :yes:
BDD
BIGDUCKDAN
hunter

Postby Duckbud » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:19 pm

Ryan - Great pics! I hope you have a large freezer. That would make Phil Robertson proud. When's your video coming out? :thumbsup:
Duckbud
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:44 pm

haha, thanks for the complements. There have been a couple days this year that would have made great video. I don't have to worry about the freezer problem. I have a feast atleast once a week and we go to simon's about once or twice a month with usually 10 plus people.

Today wasnt nearly as good. still ended with 6 birds but a mixed bag with only 2 mallards. The birds would just not finish today like i like em. I could have killed 5 mallard but i dont like to take shots at 35 yards. I always think the next pass they will be right there. Somedays that just doesn't work. Oh well there is always tomorrow. Looks like a freeze tonight with temps in the 20's! :getdown: Wish I could get out to my rice blind but hunting is closed on tuesdays unless weather. I guess I will have to try the natural club tomorrow. Its just been shooting okay. We'll see. Goodluck to everyone.
hunt Chessies
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting