Duck Hunting Forum banner

How was your week.

1K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  jbem77 
#1 ·
Hope everyone was able to get into some ducks this week. The weather was nice for a while.

I was able to go up to rice country on thursday and shoot in that crazy wind. I think it was crackin at around 45mph. Damn tough shootin. But we were able to connect. 3 guys 21 birds, no chance for geese. ACE was one beat dog at the end of the day. He was the only dog in the blind that day. Needless to say he had a great first time rice experiance.

I hunted wed. and fri. also at other places and it was more of a scouting kinda day. Meaning we didn't get any birds and we walked our asses off.

didn't hunt sat, but went out today and managed to get into some birds.

I still have not seen the famous teal the we all hope to see.

#2 ·
my week was really good. I didn't hunt today but my partner went out and killed a limit of mallards.

the last 4 days, the blind has killed 32 mallards and a couple mixed birds. Friday was the only day without a limit. Hopefully tomorrow will be good.

How did your scouting go?

I have seen a few big balls of teal the last couple days. Could have shot several times at em but passed them up.

#3 ·
finally got out after being sick all week. sat was tough for me. i was still a little weak and didnt have a lot of lung power for calling, i managed four birds three mallards and a snow goose. sun i felt better and the few birds that were flying work the call well. 4 mallards i gadwall 2 widgeon
and a snow that still had egg shell on it. if i was fishing i would have thrown it back :cool: all in all not a lot of birds but a very enjoyable hunt with my dog blue. after being home all week he was hiting the water so hard. any smimmers never had a chance.

#6 ·
i hunted the delta on fri moring and was able to clobber 3.

hunted the bypass on sat morning with a friend i met here on this page who was advertising for a blind partner.

it was a good connnection! :thumbsup: :salude:

the carnage was appalling! :toofunny:

very glad i found this page and very glad i hooked up and found a great blind and shooting partner as well. i'm not much for hunting buddies but i scored a good one this time!

looking forward to the rest of the year!

btw, i eat ducks so i never pass on a teal. the best meat always comes in the tinyest packages! :thumbsup:

this was my strap and my partner had one just like it but a few more greenheads!

#8 ·
Jeff dont you know how college works??? get your papers done early then lots of redbulls and cram for the exams! Most of my business classes are test based only with two 30+ page business plans! Ouch! Looks like it might be a late night tonight! But bet your *** I will be back out in the morning!

#12 ·
Man bullet, i'm glad you said you were the guy on the left. I was having second thoughts about meating up with you and stayin in your camper. Guy on the right looks like a snorrer. LOL :toofunny:

#16 ·
worknem said:
PinTeal said:
should have known I had a crap major ;)

Ohh well...11 days and counting!

Jeff Given
Jeff. You've been really great about keeping your vision to the future and your priorities straight. Your folks oughtta be proud. :salude:

11 days towards how many years? Cheap price. :thumbsup:

Rel Atwood
Rel,
Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it! God ohh mighty, you guys are making me antsy with all the bird talk! I just cannot wait to get out there and see the birds!

Jeff Given

10 days........

#20 ·
terryg, we hunted in the town of Qincey. Wherever that is in relation to tricities I haven't a clue. They do get feet of snow on the ground there. Many geese resting on Moses lake and feeding in the corn fields and winter rye they plant to keep the topsoil from blowing away. I dropped a 16 lber. Other than deer heads I've never mounted anything. I was real tempted to mount that dude but just couldn't do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.