anyone take advantage of the rain?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

anyone take advantage of the rain?

Postby Mattquack » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:56 pm

I was going to go into work for half the day, then out to shoot ducks when it started raining. Unfortunately I got stuck at work. :thumbsdown: Now I'm looking out the window at work wishing I was sitting in the marsh, shotgun in hand.

Any of you guys make it out today, and if so, how did you do? Let's see some good pics. I know someone knocked the life out of some birds today. :thumbsup:

Matt
Mattquack
hunter

Postby Roy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:03 pm

in Glenn County it only spit rain for a while. Did get out in the AM. Got 3.,
Roy
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:33 pm

Went out this morning for couple hours. We just had mostly cloudy skies. We ended with 6 mallets, 2 bulls, 2 widg and 2 teal. I wish the sun would have popped out, it might have got good.

Theres really no wind with the rain so I don't know how it would have been. I like the cold clear weather better especially with a north wind.
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby Powerstroke » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:55 pm

i got out this mornin to G L and it flat out SUCKED!!! :thumbsdown: we were there from first light till 10:15. the guy i went with brings a nice spread 3-4 dozen and today he had 9 roto's out. we only had 1 locked up mallard (i missed :pissed: ) i couldnt belive it wasnt better...cloudy a light rain and a 10-15 mph wind....i am not a seasoned waterfowler but i sure am confused at what is goin on....not only cause we only had 1 locked bird but we didnt see even 1/4 of the birds we saw on sun....
Hunters make better lovers...they go deep into the bush...shoot many times....and eat what they shoot!!!
Powerstroke
hunter

Postby #1wingnut » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:20 pm

Powerstroke wrote: 3-4 dozen and today he had 9 roto's out.....

9 spinners :eek: :eek:
Your kidding right?
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Postby Powerstroke » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:30 pm

nope :getdown: there were 9! i am not quite sure if that many helps or flairs as many as it attracts... but its not my spot/spread. there really werent enough birds today in the air to really know what was at fault but it was a HORRIBLE day.
Hunters make better lovers...they go deep into the bush...shoot many times....and eat what they shoot!!!
Powerstroke
hunter

Postby worknem » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:42 pm

#1wingnut wrote:
Powerstroke wrote: 3-4 dozen and today he had 9 roto's out.....

9 spinners :eek: :eek:
Your kidding right?

And I thought the 18 I saw in one field on Saturday was a lot. Wow. Don't know if it's a good wow or not.

Coulda bought a couple of dozen Dave Smiths for what they had to cost.

How many batteries does the guy pack?

Rel Atwood
worknem
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:26 pm

Thats a lot of wieght! Worknem is right money could have been spent on other useful things. That can't be much of a peaceful hunt with all those things flipping!

Powerstroke- I'm sending you a pm to try and help you get some birds at GL.
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby arcalducker » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:00 pm

we only got 4 in the rain in glenn. hopefully will get more this weekend. :thumbsup:
arcalducker
Newb

Postby BIGDUCKDAN » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:39 pm

i :laughing: the saying use to be 2 is better than 1. now its 9. more is not better in robos case.
BDD
BIGDUCKDAN
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:31 pm

BIGDUCKDAN wrote:i :laughing: the saying use to be 2 is better than 1. now its 9. more is not better in robos case.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Who in the hell brings out 9 Robo's. I am all for gear, i love it. But that is pushing insanity.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby Powerstroke » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:49 pm

yea the 9 seems like over kill to me but its not my spread so.... id be just happy to have one of my own..this guy takes quite the spread out when he goes...
i do think that on the slower days when there truely isnt that much action on the water that 9 would flair more than it would bring in but who knows
Powerstroke
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting