Looking for occasional partner/mentor in Bay Area

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Looking for occasional partner/mentor in Bay Area

Postby Peake » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:52 pm

I'd like to learn to duck hunt but don't know anybody who hunts. I got a chessie last year, got into training her and now am hooked on the idea of using her genetic potential. I've also always wanted to duck hunt but had too many hobbies. I'm totally green and would love to learn, and I'll do my best to not be a pain in the ass. I'm also not averse to swapping a case of brew in exchange for helping schlep your gear and soaking up your knowledge.
I live in Martinez, 33yrs old. Can leave the dog at home.
I just realized that this looks like some bizzare personal ad, but I don't know how else to get into it without knowing anybody who hunts!
Peake
hunter

Always willing to help

Postby chester » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:51 pm

Hey I am a avid hunter of northern California. I have been hunting for around 10years primarily in the sac zones. The first question I have to ask is if you have put in your reservation cards and for where? Let chat I think I may be able to help...
chester
Newb

Re: Looking for occasional partner/mentor in Bay Area

Postby PinTeal » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:15 am

Peake wrote:I'd like to learn to duck hunt but don't know anybody who hunts. I got a chessie last year, got into training her and now am hooked on the idea of using her genetic potential. I've also always wanted to duck hunt but had too many hobbies. I'm totally green and would love to learn, and I'll do my best to not be a pain in the ass. I'm also not averse to swapping a case of brew in exchange for helping schlep your gear and soaking up your knowledge.
I live in Martinez, 33yrs old. Can leave the dog at home.
I just realized that this looks like some bizzare personal ad, but I don't know how else to get into it without knowing anybody who hunts!

My suggestion... Find some where you and the "teacher" can do a day hunt. I'd suggest a day hunt because it ensures you get out to hunt, yet it does not cost the fortune of a full season membership incase you did not like it (I do not see how that is possible).

I'm 21...been huntin' ducks since I was ~5 years old. I've been calling since I was 10, and have gotton my ass chewed for screwing up--so I do not screw up too much anymore ;)

If I had my own personal blind, I'd tell you to come up and leach off me (not saying I know it all)...but the fact of the matter is I am a guest of the owner =( PM me or IM me if you'd like anything else.

Ohh yea...in Sacramento now hunting the rice fields.

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Return to California Duck Hunting