DUCK CLUB RICE HUNTERS ONLY

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Re: DUCK CLUB RICE HUNTERS ONLY

Postby ALL GREEN! » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:29 pm

mixedbag916 wrote:
elsinoreracer wrote:I'm not sure why there are so many haters here. Jealousy perhaps...all I see is some good stories and good knowledge put forth from the spy. It is also nice to know what he says is the truth with a lot of fun built in. As a good friend of the spy, I have done both the refuge and clubs with him and nothing he says is in any way false. His duck hunting life is just that...his life year round. He puts in what he takes out, whether it's a refuge clean-up day in the off season to the wood duck box project he maintains. Please don"t be a hater, he is just a fun loving guy wanting to share something with all. Have fun with whatever you do. :grooving:

Dude, get some wipes and clean off your nose. Sheesh

now mixed bag that's not very christian of you :fingerhead:
ALL GREEN!
hunter

Postby mixedbag916 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 am

ALL GREEN! wrote:
mixedbag916 wrote:
elsinoreracer wrote:I'm not sure why there are so many haters here. Jealousy perhaps...all I see is some good stories and good knowledge put forth from the spy. It is also nice to know what he says is the truth with a lot of fun built in. As a good friend of the spy, I have done both the refuge and clubs with him and nothing he says is in any way false. His duck hunting life is just that...his life year round. He puts in what he takes out, whether it's a refuge clean-up day in the off season to the wood duck box project he maintains. Please don"t be a hater, he is just a fun loving guy wanting to share something with all. Have fun with whatever you do. :grooving:

Dude, get some wipes and clean off your nose. Sheesh

now mixed bag that's not very christian of you :fingerhead:

Really?!? Can't you take a joke? I didn't know you were the comment police
"for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power" Philippians 4:13
mixedbag916
hunter

Postby ALL GREEN! » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:28 pm

no not the comment police just a guy who likes to talk DUCK HUNTING. now my bad if your just funnin around. to me it sounded like another smart ass comment.
ALL GREEN!
hunter

Postby elsinoreracer » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:16 pm

ALL GREEN! wrote:no not the comment police just a guy who likes to talk DUCK HUNTING. now my bad if your just funnin around. to me it sounded like another smart ass comment.

don't worry about it green....doesn't bother me...he sounds like someone who believes they can throw out their supposed belief in christ anytime they want and say what ever comes to mind and then all is good again...just a little two-faced. the spy happens to be one of my good friends and i would always have his back with the haters. :hammer:
elsinoreracer
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:44 pm

I thought I was the only one who knew he was BUSTED for backpeddling. There was no way he was kidding. Go get em' Mr. Green. THX for being the eyes and voice of reason. :eek: Let's talk hunting in the future, I will start. When there's a north wind thru the valley after Thanksgiving go hunting, When there's a south wind, go the first day.
When there's no wind, throw rocks or get a pull string......the rocks work well and the birds actually are curious about them flying thru the air.....want more?

Get a frisbee....let your dog go get it when the birds are 5oo yards out...any one ever try this?? :bow:
The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Oops that's just ducks and geese...
duckdoa
hunter

Postby DUCKSPY » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:38 pm

CALLING ALL DUCK BLIND CLUB HUNTERS*****************************
LETS TALK SHOTGUNS... FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW I HAVE WON A SHOTGUN AT A CWA DINNER... 2009 - SMITH & WESSON MODEL 1020 FULL CAMO 3" MAG...2010 - BERETTA AL391 URIKA II 3" & THIS YEAR A BENELLI SUPER BLACK EAGLE II 3.5" FULL CAMO (NICE GUNS HUH?)... WELL ALL OF THESE ARE NEW IN THE BOX WAITING THEIR TURNS. MOST OF MY BUDDIES SAY I SHOULD USE THE BENELLI AS MY DUCK GUN, (AS ITS THE CADILLAC OF DUCK GUNS) SO THEY SAY. HAVE NEVER SHOT A 3.5" MAG EVER, NEVER THOUGHT I NEEDED IT. I HAVE SHOT BERETTA'S FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS, 1ST A MODEL 303 UNTIL I WORE IT OUT, NOW I USE 2 MODEL 390'S, (1 SILVER MALLARD AND 1 REGULAR 390), I USE ONE UNTIL I GETS DIRTY THEN THE OTHER UNTIL ITS DIRTY, THEN HAVE MY SON CLEAN THEM BOTH, AND START OVER (I SHOOT A LOT). IN MY BLIND S.G. SHOOTS A B.P.S. & E.P. SHOOTS A OLD BENELLI. BOTH OF THESE GUYS HAVE GOOD DAYS, BUT MOSE OF THE TIME SCARE THE DUCKS UP FOR ME & DG TO KILL. DG IS CHEAP & HAS ALWAYS SHOT CHEAP GUNS (870 EXPRESS 3" MAG). SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?...SHOULD I GO WITH THE BENELLI?... PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS USE & WHAT YOU WOULD USE IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY FIELD GRADE HUNTING SHOTGUN.
SO LETS TALK ABOUT IT...
YOUR FRIEND,
DUCKSPY
DUCKSPY
hunter

Postby Nobirds » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:44 pm

I'd pick the SBE II. Great gun. I'm not to much of a beretta fan so I have a bias opinion.
Nobirds
hunter

Postby chevy_dog » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:11 pm

you should sell the benelli and buy some more decoys! just kiddin. i would sell it though, or give it to your son since you already have your shotgun that you are comfortable with. you should go buy lottery tickets with that kind of luck. :thumbsup:
chevy_dog
hunter

Postby #4Buckshot » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:52 am

chevy_dog advised:

"you should go buy lottery tickets with that kind of luck."

It's not luck. It just goes to show you, and others, how much he actually contributes to; "the cause" without saying it outright. Probably spent enough each time to buy the damn guns outright.

And for that, he should be thanked.....and was.
#4Buckshot
hunter

Postby Nobirds » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:57 am

#4Buckshot wrote:chevy_dog advised:

"you should go buy lottery tickets with that kind of luck."

It's not luck. It just goes to show you, and others, how much he actually contributes to; "the cause" without saying it outright. Probably spent enough each time to buy the damn guns outright.

And for that, he should be thanked.....and was.

100% dead on. I know quite a few people who go to various dinners, whether NRA, CWA or other clubs and end up "winning" new firearms. Realistically when I ask they say they paid a few hundred for tickets. Basically you are paying for the gun unless you get EXTREMELY lucky with a minimal amount of tickets.
Nobirds
hunter

Postby chevy_dog » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:49 pm

I stand corrected. Still is one helluva cheap SBEII, and well deserved i am sure. Wish I could have made it there.
chevy_dog
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:44 pm

If the Smith and Wesson is a copy of the one built in the early 80's (first shotgun with the comeback choke tubes), I would sell it right away. The o-rings fail and the cycle system is not very beefy. I owned the 3" fowler and it was a sad excuse for a duck gun. Just my opinion.
friedcoot
hunter

Postby Filson » Mon May 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Spy:
Thanks for a wonderful weekend Wood duckin. It was great family entertainment. I especially enjoyed Ole Grand Dad. :yes:
Adding some visual high lights to go with the High Life. :biggrin:
13andcounting.jpg
Busy counting in Box 13
13andcounting.jpg (47.24 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
bees.jpg
Do not mess with the bees!
busy.jpg
Can't you see I'm busy!
owl.jpg
Surprise. Surprise
I love animals! They're Delicious!
Filson
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Mon May 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Awesome Pix! I really appreciate those who give back to our sport other than sending a check....like I do....
THX for putting your money and time where your mouth is!!
duckdoa
hunter

Postby Filson » Mon May 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Spy:

As I promised you, after all I had a blast hunting in the rice. Remembering MARTHA, the BiG BaD BluE GooSe of BlinD 4! I made a bee line for Brent in Colusa and finally got her on Saturday. :thumbsup:
Attachments
Blue goose.jpg
Filson
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Tue May 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Wow, nice goose Filson! Did you really shoot it here or get it in Texas????? I have never seen one out here in the blinds, only Gray Goose.....
duckdoa
hunter

Postby Waterfowler7 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Does anyone know how to make the sliding blind covers for just a standard 2 man tank blind?
Lock em "n" Rock em
Waterfowler7
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Sliding, flip top or side throw?
duckdoa
hunter

Postby Waterfowler7 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:38 pm

sliding
Lock em "n" Rock em
Waterfowler7
hunter

Postby 7mallards » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:49 am

Ok now that we got all that out of the way might be a great time to go to the PM method and discuss how to build it in private..Just a thought???? :smile: :smile:
7mallards
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby Filson » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :yes: :yes: :yes: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :no: :no: :no: :no: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :beer: :beer: :beer: Free at last.
Filson
hunter

Postby elsinoreracer » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:02 am

Spy, where are you?. Give me a call sometime if you ever come on this site again. :huh:
elsinoreracer
hunter

Postby DUCKSPY » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 pm

HOWDY BOYS....BEEN BUSY THIS SUMMER,SO YOU HAVENT HEARD FROM ME,CAUSE I DONT LIKE TO BICTH AND MOANE ABOUT STUFF THAT DONT MATTER .......I LIKE TO SAY SOMETHING WHEN I SAY SOMETHING,JUST THE WAY I ROLL.......ANYWAY SEASON SET , SO ITS TIME TO COME OUT OF MY CAVE AND START WORKING ON THE BLIND,........TO DO IT RIGHT IT TAKES LOTS OF PREP WORK,,CLEANING DECOYS ,KILLING WEEDS AROUND THE BLIND AND ON THE CHECK,CHECK THE BARN FOR RAT DAMAGE,AND SO ON AND SO ON....I HOPE THIS WORKSFOR YOU GUYS BUT THIS IS MY FIRST TRY AT PICTURES...FOUND SOME PICTURES OF THE BLIND AFTER WE PICKED UP ABOUT HALF OF THE DECOYS A COUPLE YEARS AGO.....WOODDUCKING THIS YEAR,425CHICKS HATCHED......SHOOTING LIMITS OF COTTONTAILS IN THE AFTERNOONS....AND TAKING MY DECOY BOYS FISHING........THATS A 33 POUND CARP ON 4LB TEST.....ANYWAY IM STILL OUT HERE HIDING IN THE TULES WANTING.....

YOUR FRIEND DUCKSPY
Attachments
matt's 087.JPG
woodducking for my girls
matt's 066.JPG
shooting limits of cotton tails
matt's 014.JPG
my carp guiding skills for local kids
matt's 104.JPG
other half of north
matt's 101.JPG
half of the power blind spread
DUCKSPY
hunter

DUCK CLUB RICE HUNTERS ONLY

Postby Dacowboy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:12 pm

I hunted with duckspy. Good dude, uses ball bearings for a feeding chuckle.
Dacowboy
hunter

Postby Loop Theory » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:53 pm

Hey spy.. why are you flashing pics from 2005? I thought you had better skills than that. :wink:
"We can check the scoreboard in a year and see who is winning" .... DaCowboy
Loop Theory
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to California Duck Hunting