DUCK CLUB RICE HUNTERS ONLY

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Re: DUCK CLUB RICE HUNTERS ONLY

Postby Mallards Only » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:05 pm

EPIC!
Mallards Only
hunter

Postby quack-attack » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:11 pm

You shot mallards....the species is doomed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
“A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” Aldo Leopold
quack-attack
hunter

Postby elsinoreracer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:37 pm

I love reading all the posts that follow any SPY posting. At least there are a few believers and as always there are the jealous doubters. I've said it before...I have hunted with the SPY many times at this blind and if I had that kind of money and lived a little closer I would be all over that open spot. Like he says you just have to have a good attitude, some patience and put in the work. I have personally helped him with decoys and prep on several occasions and let me tell you, you always want to be doing something else because it is hard work, but the rewards come during those otherwise crappy bluebird days with no wind that the hard work pays off. I posted pics of the birds that can and do come into his blind earlier in this blog and it is amazing what goes on out there. This guy knows just about every inch of land in Colusa, Sutter and Butte Counties and if you are lucky enough to know him you will be taught. His gas bill has to be insane from all the driving and scouting he's done over the years. I am sorry I didn't get the chance to come over there this year to hunt with the SPY. There is never a guarantee when hunting but this place is as close as it gets. You won't get skunked. Just my 2 cents. :lol:
elsinoreracer
hunter

Postby elsinoreracer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:28 pm

The largest thread on here and the SPY is nowhere to be found. What happened to the SPY? :huh:
elsinoreracer
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:52 pm

He only visits during the season I think
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby elsinoreracer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:34 pm

So I spent my last 3 days prepping 3,000 assorted decoys, placing 3,000 assorted decoys, prepping the blind and the check at the DUCKSPYS club. Should be SPECtacular at the club. I personally have never set that many decoys before but it was a grind. Not for the faint of heart. Swans, Specs, Snows, Honkers, Mallards, Sprig, Widgeon, Woodies, Cans, Spoonies and some confidence decoys to round it out. Gonna be an awesome show this year, weather coming in some this week will be a good start to the season. I have never seen so many specs before the season as there are right now. Took a ride thru the Sac. refuge closed zone loop today, tons of specs, some snows, quite a few mallards and some sprig. Outlook seems good. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
elsinoreracer
hunter

Postby elsinoreracer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
renatboost wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
renatboost wrote:What's a pile of 6-8000 decoys look like?

You haven't seen the barn?

No, when do we get to see the barn! That's got to be some pile!

Try around 20k i belive duckspy said he had in there.

I saw them up close and personal the last 3 days, bags and bags with about a 50 average in each bag. When I figure out how to post a pic from this new laptop I will put the pictures of the bags here. :beer:
elsinoreracer
hunter

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting