DUCK CLUB RICE HUNTERS ONLY

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000, PinTeal

Re: DUCK CLUB RICE HUNTERS ONLY

Postby Nobirds » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:33 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:Nobirds go back to the begining of this post and you will learn about the caps for duckspy!!

"MAN I NEW YOU GUYS WERE OUT THERE, THANKS FOR STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE... FIRST OF ALL ABOUT THE CAPS.....MY MOMMA TOLD ME TOO STOP THAT OR I WOULD GO BLIND....DIDNT STOP UNTIL I FOUND OUT WHAT GIRLS WERE GOOD FOR AND BY THAT TIME I NEEDED COKE BOTTOM GLASSES...SO GENTLEMAN I WILL ALLWAYS HUNT AND PECK TYPE IN CAPS ,JUST SO I CAN SEE WHAT I TYPE... SORRY IF IT NOT RIGHT I DONT MEAN TO UPSET ANYONE BUT THATS WHAT I HAVE TO DO.....IF IT WASNT FOR MY BUDDY IN THE NAVY THAT PUT A LASER GUIDANCE SYSTEM ON MY SHOTGUN I WOULD NEVER GET ANY DUCKS...THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THEY HAVE TO BE WITHIN 25 YARDS FOR THE LASER TO LOCK ON."

O
Nobirds
hunter

Postby DUCKSPY » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:35 pm

HELLO FELLOW DUCKHUNTERS,HAVE SOME COMPUTER TIME SO I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE I FEW THOUGHTS.1ST,DUCKSPY JR.SORRY I DIDNT GET TO MELT MINDS WITH YOU AT THE BUTTE CITY BAR,BUT IF I WAS THERE,I WAS THE ONE WITH THE GIRLS SETTING ON MY LAP,TELLING THE GIRLS ANY THING THEY WANTED TO HEAR,SO I WASNT IN A DUCKHUNTING FRAME OF MIND IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...2ND,I DID RUN INTO FILSON IN THE BAR AND HE BOUGHT ME ENOUGH DRINKS TOGIVE HIM POWER BLIND KNOWLEDGE AND TURNS OUT WE HAVE SOME OF THE SAME FRIENDS AND HIS BLIND WAS ONE OF THE 8 BLINDS TO THE SOUTH THAT WATCHED THE SHOW FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS,SO I GOT HIS PHONE # AND CALLED HIM OVER TO THE BLIND A FEW DAYS AFTER ME AND PARTERS HAD LIMTED OUT EARLY,SO HIM AND HIS PARTER HAD THE BEST SHOOTS OF THE YEAR AS THE SECOND WAVE OF HUNTERS IN MY BLIND....GUESS IT CAUSED A LOT OF HUBUB IN THERE PARKING LOT WHEN THEY CAME BACK WITH LIMITS AND NO ONE ELSE DID MUCH...HE PAID ME BACK BY INVITING OVER FOR DECOY PICKUP ON THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON AFTER THE RAIN???? SEE HE WASENT KIDDING ABOUT BUTTE CITY GIRLS HELPPING PICK UP DECOYS..BUT AFTER THE DECOYS WERE IN THE BOAT WE PARKEDQUADS IN A QUAD WITH ALL THE BACKS TOGETHER AS A STAGE FOR THE GIRLS TO DO A STRIP SHOW FOR US,FROM THE WADERS DOWN TO????? SIX HUNTERS SETTING ON BLIND LIDS,COOLER WITH BEVERAGE OF CHOICE,AND OF COURSE TWO BOTTLES OF PATRON FOR THE GIRLS,SUTTER BUTTES IN THE BACK GROUND..TELL ME NOW WHAT COULD BE BETTER??? THIS IS THE WAY I ROLL,HOPE TO RUN INTO MORE PEOPLE LIKE FILSON IN THE FUTURE.... YOUR FRIEND DUCKSPY
DUCKSPY
hunter

Postby pgquackstacker » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:48 pm

Jesus, what did you guys do touch tips or something? :fingerhead:
pgquackstacker
hunter

Postby Waterfowler7 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:59 pm

pgquackstacker wrote:Jesus, what did you guys do touch tips or something? :fingerhead:

HAHAHAHA :lol3: :lol3: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Lock em "n" Rock em
Waterfowler7
hunter

Postby Filson » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Yeah! what a way to end the season. Thanks Spy for all your hospitality. :beer:
I love animals! They're Delicious!
Filson
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Way to go, **** Spy,,oops a typo.I mean Duck Spy.

Glad you had a good year, hope to see you at some CWA events you owe the birds!
You tell a good story, never let the truth get in the way of a good story!
The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Oops that's just ducks and geese...
duckdoa
hunter

Postby DUCKSPY » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:18 pm

ALL BLIND DUCKHUNTERS, LETS TALK DUCKHUNTING, ok..........OK.... I'M GOING TO TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT SOMETHING THAT WILL HELP ALL DUCK BLIND HUNTERS. DUCK BLIND DISCIPLINE AMONG ALL PARTNERS IN THE BLIND. SOUNDS HARD ASS DOESN'T IT? BUT IF ALL TEAM MEMBERS, DO THEIR PART, IT MAKES FOR MUCH BETTER RESULTS AT THE END OF THE DAY. FOR THE SAKE OF DISCUSSION, I'M GOING TO TELL YOU ABOUT MY 4 MAN BLIND, ON A EAST TO WEST RICE CHECK. C.W. (SMOOTH GUY) SITS IN THE END FACING EAST AND COVERS FROM NORTHEAST TO SOUTHEAST, HANDLES NORTH SIDE PULL STRING AND COVERS UP DOG 2# IF WE HAVE ONE. EP (ELK ****) IS IN NEXT SPOT FACING SOUTH, COVERING SOUTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST HANDLES SOUTH SIDE PULL STRING. I'M IN NEXT SPOT FACING NORTH, COVERING NORTHWEST TO NORTHEAST. 2ND CALLER IF NEEDED, CAPTAIN IN CHARGE AND CALLER OF WHEN TO SHOOT, ON THE EAST END WE HAVE DG (DUCK God), DG DOES ALL CALLING, COVERS SOUTHWEST TO NORTHWEST. AND ANY WHERE ELSE WE SPORT DUCKS OR GEESE (AND ANYTHING HE CAN THINK TO BITCH ABOUT) AND HANDLES DOG IN DOG BOX.. ONCE DUCKS OR GEESE COME INTO PLAY DG STARTS ON THE CALL, CW & EP COVER UP AND START ON PULL CORDS. I FOLLOW BIRDS, KEEP EVERYONE ON THE SAME PAGE (HOW MANY BIRDS, WHAT KIND, DRAKES OR HEN, WHAT DIRECTION THEY ARE COMING IN FROM AND I'M THE 2ND CALLER IF NEEDED), THEN 5,4,3,2,1 NOW!
EACH SPOT IN BLIND SHOOTS ONLY IN THEIR ZONE OF FLOCK OF BIRDS (LEFT SIDE, MIDDLE, LEAD, RIGHT SIDE). THIS WAY YOU CAN REALLY CHEW THEM UP (BEST THIS YEAR, 8 WIGEON ONCE & 7 SPECS ANOTHER TIME). WE TAKE TURNS ON SINGLES & DOUBLES AND I KEEP EVERYONE IN LINE. WE NEVER SHOOT OVER ANYONES HEAD EVER! TO BE CONTINUED...
DUCKSPY
hunter

Postby DUCKSPY » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:26 pm

IF A BIRD DOES SNEAK IN, IN RANGE YOU SMOKE IT NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THINGS CHANGE A LITTLE WITH DIFFERENT WEATHER CONDITIONS (RAIN, WIND, FOG, SNOW, HURRICANES) BUT YOU GET THE IDEA. WE ALSO LET EACH OTHER KNOW IF ONE OF US ARE OUT OF PLAY SO SOMEONE CAN TAKE THEIR AREA OF COVER ZONE (OUT OF PLAY = EATING, DRINKING, GLASSES FOGGED UP, GUN JAM, DONE SHOOTING OR PLAYING WITH PISS BOTTLE). IF OUT OF PLAY, YOU DON'T STAND UP, SO WE CAN TAKE YOUR SHOOTING AREA. WE ALL USE THE SAME SHELLS SO EVERYONE HAS THE SAME CHANGE AT A KILL, MOSTLY 2-3/4 KENTS IN 2s & BBs, AND 1OZ 4s FOR WATER SHOTS IF WE DON'T HAVE A DOG. KEEP IN MIND ME, DG & CW, GREW UP ON THE SAME STREET, WENT TO THE SAME SCHOOL FROM K TO 12TH GRADE TOGETHER. DG & I HAVE BEEN GILLING LIMITS OF BIRDS FOR 40 YEARS TOGETHER. EP GOT ON BAND WAGON 20 YEARS AGO KNOWING YOUR PARTNERS INSIDE AND OUT MAKE FOR A KILLING MACHINE IN THE BLIND. THIS WORKS FOR US IN OUR BLIND, TRUST IT HELPS THAT WE HAVE 2500 DECOYS, BUT THIS WOULD WORK FOR MOST GUYS IN BLINDS IF YOU KEEP IT ALL TOGETHER. YOU CAN HAVE FUN AND KILL DUCKS TOO BUT IT HELPS TO HAVE A FEW RULES, SO YOU DON'T HEAR STUFF LIKE... YOU GOT BACK DOORED... JOE BOB WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION... GIRLFRIEND WAS SITTING ON MY LAP... YOU GOT THE IDEA. DISCIPLINE IN THE BLIND IS AN IMPORTANT WAY TO GET GREATER RESULTS AT THE END OF THE DAY. I HOPE THIS HELPS, MY FELLOW DUCK HUNTERS. THANK YOU AND THAT IS ALL FOR NOW.
YOUR FRIEND... DUCKSPY
DUCKSPY
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Well Rice hunting is fun.. your methods are funnier to interpret......
Why don't you just throw corn out there while your at it?
I bet you have rarely smoked a duck with 2 and 3/4 inch, I shoot at the wings as not to ruin the breasts with heavy steel. My dog gets em after that, she like to chase them in the pond. They never get away.... . IS this unsportmanlike?

Good luck, I hope they plant the rice early and we don't get no rain in Sept. I'm going to try to put out 1.200 decoys next year!!
Any ideas?

DUCK DOA
duckdoa
hunter

Postby elsinoreracer » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:43 pm

A response to all who have posted here. For those who do not believe duckspy I can understand. Everyone of us has heard the tailgate/clubhouse stories that are usually told with some good drink, some bravado and some exageration. But as someone who knows the spy personally I know he tells the truth always, even if it is wound into an amazing story. I am proud to call him my friend and want to thank him for all he has done to help our sport. He taught me more about waterfowl hunting than any man alive. He has had my kids in his blinds over the years and helped them as well. Much time is taken every year to get all those decoys prepped and ready for each season and truly when they are set correctly it is unbelieveable. The birds do work and many times we have just sat and watched birds work in without a single call or shot taken. I have only once been a member of a club, but the spy has always made sure that I've had a chance to hunt and it has always been a double digit day. He has taken the time to find out what works at whatever location he has been hunting and has been mostly sucessful. He knows how to talk to people about his sport whether it is a biologist, a game warden or just the average hunter and use all that info to create a place we would all love to be a member of. Thanks duckspy and keep doing what you do. Love the entertainment. :beer:
elsinoreracer
hunter

Postby Gomerking » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Thanks for offering the reference check on the spy. Wasn't necessary, though.

It's also good to know there is a "Power Blind" or two still around in the valley. :fingerhead: I almost forgot to ask...is this famous blind an island blind or on a check? Can pizza be delivered directly to the blind or do you have to pick it up at the levee road? Are the bleach bottles white or black and are the spark plugs rigged with fishing line or twine?

As for the Butt City girls and blind antics....I only ask that they don't stop being posted and that he continues the good-natured give and take with the other folks on this forum. He has a unique style and that's what its all about.

Sincerely and your friend,

Gomerking
Earning Your Respect One Post at a Time

Dacowboy wrote:Jesus christ it's like the last day on Fiji with you guys on here.
Gomerking
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:51 am

Wow, good to see you are taking the kids out....our future! I hope to see you at the Butte City bar and pick your brain, I am still not sure what to look for....most likely the guy with all the women on his massive arm or the one with the bloody fingers from all the shooting.... :hammer:
duckdoa
hunter

Postby elsinoreracer » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:55 pm

If you are trying to find the spy...he'll be the guy always talking...think Drew Carey but funnier.
elsinoreracer
hunter

Postby mixedbag916 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:22 am

elsinoreracer wrote:If you are trying to find the spy...he'll be the guy always talking...think Drew Carey but funnier.

:huh: Who cares :fingerhead:
"for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power" Philippians 4:13
mixedbag916
hunter

Postby pgquackstacker » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:22 pm

mixedbag916 wrote:
elsinoreracer wrote:If you are trying to find the spy...he'll be the guy always talking...think Drew Carey but funnier.

:huh: Who cares :fingerhead:

Nobody.
pgquackstacker
hunter

Postby DUCKSPY » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:17 pm

WELL ITS NICE TO SEE THAT I DON'T GIVE EVERYONE A HEADACHE ON THIS SITE. BUT, AS SARGENT HULKA SAID, (FROM THE MOVIE "STRIPES") LETS NOT START GIVING EACH OTHER BLOW JOBS!!!
DUCKDOE... NEXT TIME YOUR IN THE BUTTE CITY BAR & LOOKING FOR ME, WEAR A DRESS AND SHOW A LITTLE CLEAVAGE AND I WILL FIND YOU...
GOMER, ALL WHITE BLEACH BOTTLES WITH LOTS OF RED LIPSTICK CAUSE I HEARD, (ONCE YOU GO BLACK YOU NEVER GO BACK), AND THAT KIND OF SCARES ME...
ELSINORERACER.. YOU MUST BE OUT OF THAT BODY CAST, IF YOUR ABLE TO TYPE AGAIN. I TOLD YOU, YOU WERE GETTING TOO OLD FOR DIRT BIKE RACING. HEY, I'LL LET YOU HUNT THE BLIND AGAIN, (EVEN AN OLD MAN WITH A WALKER) CAN MAKE IT OUT TO MY BLIND. YOU DON'T HAVE TO LICK MY BACKSIDE ON THIS SIDE AS A COUPLE OF REFUGE HUNTERS HAVE SAID, NOBODY CARES!!! AND THATS THE WAY I LIKE IT... CAUSE I DO GO TO THE REFUGES 4 OR 5 TIMES A YEAR AND I DON'T WANT IT TO BE LIKE IT USE TO BE WHEN YOU AND ME AND DUCKGOD USE TO HUNT THERE ALL THE TIME. YOU KNOW (OH crap DUCKSPY & COMPANY'S HERE) AND ALL THE OTHER HUNTERS FOLLOWING US AROUND LIKE LOVESTRUCK SCHOOL GIRLS.. NOWADAYS ALL NEW PEOPLE AT THE REFUGE, SO WE CAN HUNT WHERE WE WANT, SET UP THE TRIANGLE OF DEATH, WITHOUT HUNTERS MOVING IN.
ALL FOR NOW... YOUR FRIEND, DUCKSPY
DUCKSPY
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:03 pm

Well, in response the don't care boys....don't bother to respond....make sense??????
I am sure of one thing and that is this thread is about what I like, shooting good tasting fowl over rice fields!
I can shoot 7 mallards in the bay too, but since they ain't tasty I pass......
When you are as old as Duckspy sounds, you get lazy and have to put out that many deeks to get 'em, he probably can't see the diff between a mallard and a coot coming, that's why he has to wait for the magical 25 yard shots.
I am going to find you come hell or high water next year.....so be ready Freddy.
One last rice related tip...use a blind cover!!! I see too many pix with shiny blind top edges and black holes the birds avoid after the 3rd week! Use GIBSON, they last!! No, I don't work for them..

DUCK DOA
duckdoa
hunter

Postby DUCKSPY » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:25 pm

OK DUCKHUNTERS IT'S TIME LEARN SOME OF YOU ALL ABOUT THE WAYS OF A NORTHERN CALIFORNIA RICE FIELD DUCK BLIND CLUB. TODAY WE'RE GOING TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING THAT A LOT OF YOU HUNTERS THINK SOUNDS FUNNY..BLIND CAPTAIN[u] YOU KNOW, KIRK, JACK, MORGON & SO ON... SO ITS LIKE THIS.. RICE CLUBS USUALLY HAVE 4 MAN BLINDS, SOMETIMES 3 MAN, BUT A TWO MAN IN A RICE IS RARE. (2 MAN TANKS ARE IN OLD SCHOOL MARSH CLUBS, BUTTE SINK, LAMBERTVILLE, SUSIAN MARSH, GRASSLANDS USUALLY BIG MONEY OR OWNERS. SO NO NEED FOR A BLIND CAPTAIN. IN A RICE CLUB WITH A LOT OF MEMBERS, THE OWNERS, DUCK BROKERS, OR THE MAN IN CHARGE (WHOEVER IT MIGHT BE) ONLY WANTS TO DEAL WITH ONE MEMBER OF EACH BLIND TO MAKE HIS OR HER JOB A LOT EASIER. [u]THIS IS A BLIND CAPTAIN FOR EXAMPLE ON MY CLUB, WE HAVE 11 BLINDS, 4 FOUR MAN BLINDS AT $5000, 6 FOURMAN BLINDS AT $6000, MY 4 MAN BLIND, PLUS ACROSS THE ROAD 5 MORE 4 MAN BLIND AT $7000 EACH. ALL ARE CONTROLLED BY THE SAME OWNER, SO THATS 64 HUNTERS, ALL WANTING TO KNOW THE SAME THING. OR DO YOU DEAL WITH 16 BLIND CAPTAINS. BLIND CAPTAIN ARE THE ONES THAT USUALLY GET THE BLIND, AND ITS UP TO HIM TO FILL IT WITH WHOEVER (BUDDIES, KIDS, RELATIVES, GIRLFRIENDS OR WIVES, COLLECT MONEY FOR THE BLIND, GETS THE CALL WHEN THE FIELD IS READY, IS TOLD ALL THE RULES OR HAS EVERYONE SIGN A CONTRACT WITH ALL THE DO'S AND DON'TS. AND IS ALSO THE ONE THAT GETS CONTACTED IF THEIR IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR BLIND (SHOOTING EARLY OR LATE, SKYSCRAPING, DRIVING ON THE WET ROADS, MAKING A MESS, OR JUST BEING AN butt). THATS THE WAY IT IS IN RICE COUNTRY. AS CAPTAINS GO I'M PROBABLY LIKE A CAPTAIN KIRK. YOU KNOW, BIGGEST BLIND IN MY UNIVERSE OF RICE FIELDS ,I DRAW DUCKS FROM OUTERSPACE, AND I GET ALL THE WOMEN THAT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE FROM OTHER PLANETS. THATS IT FOR NOW.....BEAM ME UP SCOTTY...YOUR FREIND DUCKSPY........
DUCKSPY
hunter

Postby zink freak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:53 pm

When do the tools on this site take a break,and leave their houses.Nobody gives a crap who is the funny one.
zink freak
hunter

Postby ALL GREEN! » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:59 pm

from what i see they don't! its like a gang mentality for some of these guys! whose first to post, who sounds like the biggest smart ass! who cares you spent a season worth of hours in the sweat line to shoot a few limits of ducks, right on your a duck hunter, quit trying to burst the bubble of commodity. duck spy keep rockin, read through the topic, and your a hunter whos getting it. if post represent a good duck hunter these guys are the duck :bow: GODS. JMO. it dont.
ALL GREEN!
hunter

Postby Filson » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Hey Spy:
You forgot a couple of important DUCK CAPTAIN duties:

1. Parking lot Moral Booster's
ie Red light girls delivering pizza. Sorry Gomer, can only get them to the lot :biggrin:

2. End of the Season decoy pickup
Butte City Girls are the best! :yes:
I love animals! They're Delicious!
Filson
hunter

Postby #4Buckshot » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Duckspy, when you mentioned the; "triangle of death" in reference to the times you, and your friends, hunt the refuges, I knew I was reading words from someone who's been there and done that...in spades.

Rock on with your bad-self.
#4Buckshot
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 am

I thought the "triangle of death" was an urban legend, I have never been that close to confirm as I do not encroach into guys already set up. I have seen birds enter an area and seen the stragglers picked off. I assumed this was from some jerk with no decoys setting up too close and shooting the circling birds as they work a good fuge hole. Now I know.....but I digress, this is a rice hunters thread. On that note it makes sense to talk rice and Captian Kirk as we will now reference DuckSpy as he seems to have gone where no man has gone before....with so many decoys and knowledge of his secret area.....pulling in the fowl from outer space.
I have another suggestion to all the skeptics of the Butte City bar DuckSpy legend like me, I give him a date next year to be there on a Saturday eve after shoot time and see if he shows up with bloody finger and a strap full of quackers. Better yet, he can pick a date and we can all surround him and ask for autographs.
April fools......... :lol3:
As I stated before, I will take on all tips and pointers to help us lazy rice hunter score.
duckdoa
hunter

Postby elsinoreracer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm not sure why there are so many haters here. Jealousy perhaps...all I see is some good stories and good knowledge put forth from the spy. It is also nice to know what he says is the truth with a lot of fun built in. As a good friend of the spy, I have done both the refuge and clubs with him and nothing he says is in any way false. His duck hunting life is just that...his life year round. He puts in what he takes out, whether it's a refuge clean-up day in the off season to the wood duck box project he maintains. Please don"t be a hater, he is just a fun loving guy wanting to share something with all. Have fun with whatever you do. :grooving:
elsinoreracer
hunter

Postby mixedbag916 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:47 pm

elsinoreracer wrote:I'm not sure why there are so many haters here. Jealousy perhaps...all I see is some good stories and good knowledge put forth from the spy. It is also nice to know what he says is the truth with a lot of fun built in. As a good friend of the spy, I have done both the refuge and clubs with him and nothing he says is in any way false. His duck hunting life is just that...his life year round. He puts in what he takes out, whether it's a refuge clean-up day in the off season to the wood duck box project he maintains. Please don"t be a hater, he is just a fun loving guy wanting to share something with all. Have fun with whatever you do. :grooving:

Dude, get some wipes and clean off your nose. Sheesh
"for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power" Philippians 4:13
mixedbag916
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to California Duck Hunting