I met a fellow DHC'r Yesterday!!

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

I met a fellow DHC'r Yesterday!!

Postby ACEBLDRS » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:59 pm

I met Jeff (pinteal) and Dara (12 gauge girl) yesterday out at the get together spot. I happend to be in stockton to do some shooting so i ran up to the get together pond to meet jeff, he bought my old e collar for his pup summer.

The spot is pretty cool. It is starting to get a little overgrown but should work fine. A few of us might want to get there early and hit it with some weed eaters or something. Also the shore line looked to be a little congested with small bushes, a chainsaw might make fishing easier on the youngens and the oldens.

I am really getting fired up to meet all of you at this event, meeting Pinteal yesterday was a lot of fun. He seemed to be a great guy, and I liked his hat. I imagine that I will enjoy meeting everyone of you at the get together, although I know there has to be on bad apple in every bunch, and I gotta be honest with you. I think it’s Dara, but she stands a chance at making up for it if she will make both Oatmeal Raisin and Peanut butter Cookies.

All joking aside, Jeff and Dara are good people and it was a pleasure meeting with them as well as shooting the bull.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby #1wingnut » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:15 pm

Josh,
I planned on going out the afternoon before and do a little clean up.
its not too bad right now but sometimes low lifes like to dump trash out there. :pissed: I hear ya on the bush it needs a little cleaned up along the bank. I like the weed wacker idea, Im in on that.

Also.............
what do you all think about putting up some wood duck boxes out there?
I can get some made up in the shop and maybe we can get the kids involved in helping to put some up.
just an idea I had, what do you all think?

Jeff,
bring my decoys to the get together. Ha you thought I fogot, didnt ya?

Dan
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Postby PinTeal » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:39 pm

Josh, I was just gonna post a new topic saying the same thing :)
I too enjoyed meeting you and am getting really excited for the end of the month BBQ (April 22). Should be some good times and maybe some good eats.

Dan...damn it you remembered :pissed: :cool: All kidding aside, that's when I planned to return them to you. Anyhoo, see both of you kids there in a few weeks.

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Postby ACEBLDRS » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:50 pm

dan , i like the woody box idea, but isn't it a little late for that, or not? I don't really know!
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby Gooseboy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:51 pm

Hey guys sorry not from CA but just browsin through and ACE the other day i checked up on a Woody box and a hen was in there. If that helps with whatever you guys are talking about.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

woodduck box

Postby BrokenWing » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:07 pm

Josh the woodduck box idea sounds good, I am going to have my wife's boy Scout troop make up box's to set up around the club to help out w ith the nesting. Just an idea, the Boy Scouts will get credit and patches for thier project and you will get the box's.
Just a thought. :thumbsup: where is the get together? :salude:
BrokenWing
hunter

Re: I met a fellow DHC'r Yesterday!!

Postby slowshooter » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:02 am

ACEBLDRS wrote:I met Jeff (pinteal) and Dara (12 gauge girl) yesterday out at the get together spot. I happend to be in stockton to do some shooting so i ran up to the get together pond to meet jeff, he bought my old e collar for his pup summer.

The spot is pretty cool. It is starting to get a little overgrown but should work fine. A few of us might want to get there early and hit it with some weed eaters or something. Also the shore line looked to be a little congested with small bushes, a chainsaw might make fishing easier on the youngens and the oldens.

I am really getting fired up to meet all of you at this event, meeting Pinteal yesterday was a lot of fun. He seemed to be a great guy, and I liked his hat. I imagine that I will enjoy meeting everyone of you at the get together, although I know there has to be on bad apple in every bunch, and I gotta be honest with you. I think it’s Dara, but she stands a chance at making up for it if she will make both Oatmeal Raisin and Peanut butter Cookies.

All joking aside, Jeff and Dara are good people and it was a pleasure meeting with them as well as shooting the bull.

Hey, I'm a couple of weeks late with this post (my apologies) but I just wanted to chime in and agree with Josh.

Both Jeff and Dara excellent people with remarkably good senses of humor and man, what a pup! Hope my dog ends up with that kind of fire!

Jeff, someday I hope to have half the socks you have. Holy smokes I was envious!

Best to both you and Dara, it was an absolute pleasure meeting y'all.

slow
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Re: I met a fellow DHC'r Yesterday!!

Postby PinTeal » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:27 pm

Hey, I'm a couple of weeks late with this post (my apologies) but I just wanted to chime in and agree with Josh.

Both Jeff and Dara excellent people with remarkably good senses of humor and man, what a pup! Hope my dog ends up with that kind of fire!

Jeff, someday I hope to have half the socks you have. Holy smokes I was envious!

Best to both you and Dara, it was an absolute pleasure meeting y'all.

slow

Hey, you do visit here! I am sure I speak for me and my roomate when I say it was a pleasure meeting you as well! Thanks for the good words about Summer, she's getting better, for sure!

When you saw my sillosocks, you probably saw less than half of them! I figure to have a few over 600 and want to make some more this summer, if it is not too tough on me...and if I can find another partner to help me out with it. Maybe one of these days this coming season we can get your snow dekes and my snow dekes together and bust some snows!

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

woodies

Postby goosecaller dude » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:32 am

Too late for this season before I moved I new a guy who had boxes in Niles canyon in fremont,Ca. in the bay area, u need to have up by end of feb. then recheck boxes in march push out jays, srews,squirles. rebed if no woodies. recheck every two weeks until using. make a plug to close front hole from ground then climb up ladder open top slow or so hen don't bust out we used to band them! need to be atleast 15 ft up and hope a-holes dont shoot the boxes down, its fun have fun
goosecaller dude
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting