best time to buy dekes?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

best time to buy dekes?

Postby duckjumper » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:20 pm

When is the best time to buy decoys? Is it now? Has it passed? I am looking to buy a few dozen and wanted to know when I can get the bargain basement prices...
I love all of God's creatures, properly prepared.
duckjumper
hunter

Postby DuckFan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:16 pm

I'm not sure there is a 'Best" time....

I know that Mack's has had a sale on GHG Cinn Teal dekes - $14.99 for 6 and I got some of those.

I know that Cabalas usually sends out discount coupons toward the end of summer to get you to buy...and also has discount coupons they will send out in their catalogs during the holidays. Sometimes, the items you really want don’t necessarily go on sale at a discount though. You might want to be sure you get on their catalog mailing list.

I would also check out the pre season sales at most sporting goods stores...or even try to hit them after the season as they try to reduce inventory.

But, I really don't think I can say there is a best time (as far as price goes)....I can say that anytime I buy decoys is a nice time though :salude:

Good luck
DuckFan
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:09 pm

I plan on doing as i did last year. going to AutoLife in modesto in mid August when they have their big sale and calling comp. they have lots of dekes on hand and you don't have to pay the shipping and handling. Also, the dekes are a little cheeper, not much, but a little. Also, Kent shells are as cheep as you'll find them all year. They have a bunch of them. They don't really have a lot of other stuff on sale, but it makes it nice to load up and not have to pay the shipping and handling.

josh
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby EXTREMA » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:55 pm

bass pro shops has deals too.
I love the fog and rain!
EXTREMA
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting