Bismuth or Heavy Shot?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Bismuth or Heavy Shot?

Postby Los Banos » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:23 pm

which one is better? anyone know a good shooting range near carmel/salinas cali?
Los Banos
hunter

Postby stalns » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:11 pm

The farthest ones south that I know of are between south San Jose and Morgan Hill.
Shoot Straight!!!

Gary Stalions
stalns
hunter

Postby spraynpray » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:17 am

hevi-shot is much denser and hits harder than bismuth or pretty much any other shot on the market for now.
spraynpray
hunter

Postby WIDGEONATOR » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:32 pm

I haven't noticed any difference. For some reason I seem to hit more birds with bismuth, so that's what I shoot.

I bought 5 boxes of hevi shot one season, and I couldn't hit anything with it. Before that I was shooting Bismuth and I dropped alot of geese. So I switched back to Bismuth.

The only reason I could think of that would make me miss so much is: The weight of hevi shot makes it fly a little slower which means you have to lead more. It sounds like a good excuse! :hammering:

Actually I just looked it up, it's the other way around. :oops:
Hevi shot 1575
Bismuth 1400
WIDGEONATOR
hunter

shot

Postby goosecaller dude » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:24 am

HEAVYSHOT is the way to go.shoot it like lesd not steel I drop geese at 60 yds dead no crips ask Duckbud and winchester , I also shoot Heavy steel. both knock em dead not cripped like the other , order direct from HEAVY SHOT not the stuff in the store. goto Heavyshot.com
good shooting
goosecaller dude
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting