I got my first turkey!

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

I got my first turkey!

Postby Mattquack » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:36 pm

The pictures came out shoddy, and I don't know how to post 'em on here. But I had a great hunt yesterday. Called in a monster Tom. 20 lbs, 10 1/2" beard, 1" spurs. He's a beauty! We called him in to about 15 yards, and met him with a 3 1/2 heavy load in the throat. I'll post pics when I figure out how.
Mattquack
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:05 pm

Do you know how to load pics onto your computer? If you do then you can make an account at www.photobucket.com and put them there for free. Each pic will have a code you can post which will show the picture.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby spraynpray » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:52 pm

Good Job. Were you hunting public land because that would make it even sweeter.
spraynpray
hunter

Postby Mattquack » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:17 pm

Here's some pics that I took on my phone/camera. not the greatest quality, but better than nothing...

Mattquack
hunter

Postby dukaddict » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:34 pm

right on!!
NICE BIRD
congrats
dukaddict
hunter

Postby Mattquack » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:54 pm

spraynpray wrote:Good Job. Were you hunting public land because that would make it even sweeter.

It was on national forest land. Had to do a LOT of steep up and downhill hiking, but in the end it was worth it. It was about an hour and a half of hiking in the dark to get to where I shot him, then obviously the same back, but about 20 lbs heavier of a load on the way back. :toofunny: When the walk back to the truck started to kick my butt, I just thought to myself.. "I'm sure glad this isn't a deer I'm packing out!" I need to hit the gym before deer season.
Mattquack
hunter

Postby dukaddict » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:20 pm

Kind of like taking two honkers and seven ducks,packing up the gear and dekes and starting off full of adrenalin then having it wear off not even half way back and then thinking OMG how far is the truck?????
or shooting a big `ol buck down in a canyon and suddenly realizing there is NO lower road

oh well, it`s always worth it in the end
dukaddict
hunter

Very Nice Bird!

Postby g.luns » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:54 pm

That walk back always Sucks! And then by the time you get home, the idea of cleaning it even sucks more. Then your kids come out to see you and are all excited and it pumps you up again!!! So if you want to borrow my kids you can, but you have to babysit so i can take the old lady out!!! :toofunny: :toofunny: Nic Bird Buddy!!
g.luns
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:01 pm

Very nice, looks like a lot of hard worked payed off for ya!

Congrads! :salude:
hunt Chessies
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting