willow's BBQ tomorrow anyone?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

willow's BBQ tomorrow anyone?

Postby ACEBLDRS » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:20 pm

well, i made it back from Arkansas tonight and am getting ready to head up to willow's for the BBQ tomorrow, anyone else heading up? Come over and say hey if i don't see ya.

Oh, and the pup is cute as hell. :yes:

i posted some pics on the HH tonight.

josh
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby PinTeal » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:39 am

pick me up ;)

I was gonna go, but at 1139 pm, not so sure I am going to go now. Have fun, Josh. Gonna go check out the pup now.

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Postby hunt Chessies » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:45 am

Nope, Im taking a couple big shots on a guided pig hunt! Sure hope their there! :getdown:

Did you get a new pup Ace? If so get them pictures up!
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby PinTeal » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:55 am

hunt Chessies wrote:Nope, Im taking a couple big shots on a guided pig hunt! Sure hope their there! :getdown:

Did you get a new pup Ace? If so get them pictures up!

Where you going Ryan? Only problems now are the heat and water is everywhere. Pigs wont move except with the sun and at the end of the day don't have to move far to get to the water.

You down for a summer league softball team?

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Postby hunt Chessies » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:53 pm

Where you going Ryan? Only problems now are the heat and water is everywhere. Pigs wont move except with the sun and at the end of the day don't have to move far to get to the water.

You down for a summer league softball team?

We went back up to the Dunnigan property. The guys didnt want to get up early so we didnt get out there till around 9am. Saw one nice heard and one of the guys picked a midsize one out and missed it. But that was it. It was way too hot and the water has actually dried up more than I like. I like the valleys to be moist with lots of mud puddles that way they use the big open valley.

We didn't really hunt too hard. After the missed opportunity they wanted to fish so they must have caught 150+ black bass out of one of the ponds. After I set them up there I went and took a 2 mile walk to see if I could locate them a pig. Nothing! I then took the ATV and ran down a few creek beds and went over a few ridges. Nothing at all, way too hot.

Do you think the pigs more more in the morning or evening when its hot like this?

Yeah I would be interested in a softball team. What nights? I have my baseball games on tuesday nights and am coaching wednesdays. Let me know!
hunt Chessies
hunter

Postby PinTeal » Mon May 01, 2006 8:07 pm

Ryan, from my experience hunting pigs, All of the pigs I have shot were in the evenings. Having said that, I have missed more opportunities than I care to admit in the morning.

When it is hot out, it seems that I have seen more pigs in the AM than in the pm.

When the weather is not as hot, I have seen more pigs in the evenings.

When we gonna go striper fishing??

Gimme a call!

Jeff
PinTeal
State Moderator

Return to California Duck Hunting