Looks like we have a new Southern California Moderator...

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Looks like we have a new Southern California Moderator...

Postby PinTeal » Tue May 02, 2006 8:27 pm

My roomate's car took a crap on her and she had to buy a new car. Needless to say, she cannot afford a new car payment, insurance, and rent. She told me if she wants to go to grad school next year she has to move back in with her parents to save up the extra money.

I really do not want to find a new stranger roomate especially with all of my crap around (guns, boat, decoys). I decided it was time for me to return back to southern California and live with my dad again. I can hunt three days a week down there in the flooded timber, so I can get a little bit of hunting in. It kind of makes all of my snow goose spread obsolete now, guess I will have to make a few trips up to sacramento to hunt the farmer's property I still know.

In any case, I'm still in California, and I'll still be lurking and continually posting just not in Sacramento :( Sorry to all of those I have made tenative plans with for the summer.

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Postby tstrong » Tue May 02, 2006 9:58 pm

WELCOME HOME JEFF! I don't know what the gas prices will be like come huntin season but when its raining, cold and windy I'm outa here. I live about 30 minutes from your old stompin grounds (Huntington Beach).
tstrong
hunter

Postby farhod » Wed May 03, 2006 12:14 am

hey man you still never got me the number to that flooded timber duck club lolllll maybe ill see you there one day
farhod
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Wed May 03, 2006 8:01 am

Jeff, Sorry to see you leave us NO CAL boys. I hope you make the most of this little turning point in your life.

I'd also say that the odds of you every finding another good looking, goose hunting, cookie making roomate, are very slim to none. :toofunny:

Wish the best to you both.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Re: Looks like we have a new Southern California Moderator..

Postby DuckFan » Wed May 03, 2006 12:08 pm

PinTeal wrote:. It kind of makes all of my snow goose spread obsolete now, guess I will have to make a few trips up to sacramento to hunt the farmer's property I still know.

Jeff Given

Jeff - best of luck to you as you make the move south. And, those snow goose dekes won't be obsolete......Wister is certainly an option for their use. :thumbsup:

Of course, carting them in and out of the Wister mud may make things a bit more 'adventurous'.
DuckFan
hunter

Postby califireduck » Wed May 03, 2006 2:36 pm

you FLAKE...since were not getting our 3 man and 1 woman pit now...dont be scared of the grasslands....youll be able to shoot ducks and not all that sky carp...tell dara shes off the team now...
califireduck
hunter

Postby PinTeal » Wed May 03, 2006 10:25 pm

Thanks everyone. I have been pretty depressed lately because of the move. I was really looking forward to start striper fishing here shortly, followed by salmon, followed by dove season, followed by duck season.

I've never done the Wister thing in my life...but I have talked to a few guys from the Fuge that get out there. Maybe I can tag along with one of them when they go since I'll be able to add almost 1,000 dekes to the spread.

Jeff
PinTeal
State Moderator

Postby reloanman » Thu May 04, 2006 5:26 pm

Hey Jeff,

I know how your feeling. I used to live in Sac and hunt there too. Im living down south now and hunt Wister quite a bit as well as San Jacinto.
Maybe we can meet up this year and kill some ducks and geese. Let me know man.
Deron
reloanman
hunter

Postby farhod » Thu May 04, 2006 11:36 pm

ive hunted wister the last 7 years. It has its ups and downs but finding blinds sometimes can be a pain in the ass with long walks, some of the muddiest water lol its so hard to walk in at certain sites. but then all in all the hunting isnt to bad except this year snows werent that good because the area that the snows rest they put food there so thats basically where the snows would be but yea you can tag with us if you want
farhod
hunter

Postby hunt Chessies » Sun May 07, 2006 10:34 pm

Thats a bummer Jeff, maybe it will be for the better. Some things just have a way of working out.

Well hopefully you still will be able to get up here every once in a while to do some hunting or fishing!

So how did the fishing go? Any keepers?
hunt Chessies
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting