River condition?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

River condition?

Postby dukaddict » Mon May 22, 2006 8:53 am

Hey, I took this week off to shad fish I and it`s raining buckets up here in Redding off & on looks like my whole steelhead season luck is following me. I was wondering if any of you guys who striper fish or cross the river anywhere from Colusa up to around Hamilton City could give me a shout how the river looks down there?
Thanks
Anthony
dukaddict
hunter

fish

Postby BrokenWing » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:01 am

The Striper are on the way bud, people are catching them off the bank with sardines and off gravel bars using rattle traps, black worm, power worm, the trolling which I like to do just becuase after the work day I like to troll with a cold beer but it has been real slow.
The river here at the Colusa State Park is low and if it drops much more the boat channel will be mud.
Good Luck,

Jeff

Colusa Ca,
BrokenWing
hunter

Postby Roy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:38 pm

River is in great condition. both for Stripers and Shad.

Don't use a rattle trap over 1oz in this streach of river. Since it doesn't float, it falls within the non boyant (spelling?) lure restrictions.
Roy
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting