Albacore fishing?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Albacore fishing?

Postby PinTeal » Thu May 25, 2006 12:30 am

Well since I will be moving back to So Cali, I have tried to look on the bright side of things despite all of the negative I seem to get out of it. Yes, it is true, no salmon fishing for me in the rivers, but we get the albacore down there at least. Anyhoo, we used to charter a boat every year with members from our club down south and go out for a day and a half or so. I got to thinking (and John and I discussed it) going out for long fins this summer. I have yet to talk to any of my guys down south on the deal, but will get the ball rolling a little more tomorrow (already typed out an email tonight) and really rock and roll when I get back to Southern California. For all I know, the best dates are already taken, but that is something I will look into more in depth when I start this project in more depth.

Having said all of that, we typically book right around 20-22 spots. Since our last trip, people have passed away, moved away, or lost interest in such adventures....or atleast I am forgetting a few of them. If I get back down to So Cal and get this trip rolling, is there any interest from anyone here in possibly going? I do not know if this will take off like I envision in (Lord knows I cannot afford a boat on my own) but if it does and there is room aboard would anyone be interested?

Thanks.

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Postby stalns » Thu May 25, 2006 11:33 pm

Jeff,
I love to fish long fins, but have only done it off our coast here (Monterey Bay). Keep me posted if you get something together and I will see how the cards fall on my timing.
Shoot Straight!!!

Gary Stalions
stalns
hunter

Postby tstrong » Fri May 26, 2006 9:29 pm

Jeff, i use to run out of San Diego (Seaforth) and know of a couple of really great skippers. The 1 dayers leave at 10 pm return the next day @ around 10pm. I have always gotten sea sick - just one of the lucky ones I guess. But if the fish are boiling I'm reeling and puking at the same time. They may have a spot or 2 open if you want to jump on at the last minute. Since I got my dog fishing has taken a back seat - I sure do miss those tuna fillets - nothing beats fresh caught albi.
tstrong
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting