slide in campers?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

slide in campers?

Postby #1wingnut » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:12 pm

I'm thinkin of getting rid of the Vette for a Slide-in cab over.
I looked at a couple of used ones today just down the road in the 10k - 13k range a/c , gen ,full baths, 12' long, micro and fridge and oven.
anyone have any advice? do's and donts? Brand's to stay away from? Anyone deal with Meeks RV on 99 near Galt? :help:
I want to put it on my 99 F250 v10 4x

Dan
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Postby puddlehunter » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:23 pm

I had the same set up on a 01 dodge v 10 4x4!
It though to get up in the morning to go shoot! (to cushy)
I got rid of the whole deal truck, camper got a new dodge truck for my every day driving and I drove to Sac to pay for my lope tag at F&G and ot 23(4.7 li v8 4x4) mpg @ 65 mph and want a class c motor home in diesel fuel instead of camper/ the camper closes in around you .... meaning they get small!!!!sold both now because its the season if you can wait...... for the off season you will save 30 percent.... I sold my 01' lance for what I payed new 4 yrs ago......................
Meeks is cool.....small enough to still be personal!
jack

you will get 6 mpg with that set up also unless you install gear venders!!
that what buddy got on his rig! especially if a stick!
puddlehunter
hunter

Postby bullet » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:17 am

Been a while since I've owned one but you can;t go wrong with a Lance. They've all come out with some pretty trick jacks that swing out allowing more stability when putting on or taking off. I kind of like the pop ups myself. They seem to keep a lower profile while driving and I'm not sure you give up to much. You'll need storage as well. Not sure how a bag of decoys will fit through the door. Decoy cart?? I would figure out how everything will fit first.
bullet
hunter

Postby duckhunter1 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:19 am

As a refuge hunter the camper rules! I can eat a home cooked meal dirve a couple hours to which ever refuge I'm hunting, sleep in a comfortable bed with a heater and get an extra 2 hours sleep in the morning. I went with the Lance model 815. It was one of the smallest ones but hey, they are all small and it drives great. Bonus is it was less than 10k new. Just remember to set your alarm clock.

I use a pack frame with a couple dozen decoys in a bag bungie corded to it and then I just bungie the set up to the ladder of the camper. During the duck season it's only off when I'm hunting. Makes life easy.
duckhunter1
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting