Butte City Hunt CLub

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: duckman2000, spoonysmaker, OGblackcloud

Re: Butte City Hunt CLub

Postby Duck_Popper » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:54 pm

napahunter wrote:[quoteCan't say anything bad about the club (except water is always end of November

Not this year in my blind!!! Were ready to hunt! Threw decoys all last weekend. Now we're flooded. My blind partener hunted it this morning. I took it off. From now on, it on![/quote]

Some fields always get water a lot sooner than us. Glad to hear your season is underway. I honestly got 2 blind ethos year because I thought I was going to miss 6 weeks this year again. But I am happy either way. Going out Saturday to throw out decoys. Good luck. Maybe we can link up at the lodge and talk.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Butte City Hunt CLub

Postby Duck_Popper » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Winemaker wrote:Very cool,

Butte City sounds like a rocking club for sure. Every member can shoot birds if they want to and it is social to boot. It sounds like exactly what most hunters I know want in a hunt club. My life was unfortunately poisoned by an experience with a club where MOST hunters had a chance to shoot birds, but if you were one of the last three people to lease a blind then this did not apply to you. I'm sure that many of the members of that club also described the club in the same glowing terms that this thread contains but Butte City must be different. Congratulations guys, and have a great season.

You know it does run a tiny bit in this club, meaning you get in a blind that is less producing than other and you kinda work your way up based on how long you have been there. But the great thing is that next year you can always ask " hey can I buy a seat in your blind? Help out with gear? Maintenance? Blind covers?" Most of the time it is yes. Or ask if anything has opened up in a certain field that they haven't paid their first dues immediately when the season closes. Lastly, a lot of people are accommodating and share a few beers at the lodge over a fire, some food and they will take you out.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby Spec » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:43 am

I joined the club last season and have enjoyed the club a lot ,The people who I have met are all great and good to get along with. Phil the manager is always there to help. I killed many birds last season and had my blind to myself most week days with one blind partner. I didn't hunt weekends much as the original blind partner had his kids to hunt with. Except Sunday afternoons if I wanted to hunt or he was working. The Dinner and fund raising event is great also and I won a shot gun at it also similar to a CWA event. The people in blinds around me we easy to get along with and blinds were far apart in out fields. Trailer parking was ok also and with gravel around the area things stayed pretty clean. With a club house, bathrooms, showers you didn't need to over tax your trailer all duck season. Chico is 22 miles as is Colusa about the same 4 corners about 5 or 6 miles if you need small items at the store.
If you are stopping at the club stop by and see me I will be in the 29 foot Prowler just North of the club house with the large back window!!! Don't worry the labs will lick you to death.
Watch those eyes and feet cupped up and coming down.
Spec
hunter

Postby deathtospoonies » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:45 pm

Winemaker wrote:Interesting that so many have viewed this thread. My two cents is that I wouldn't pay much more than two cents for a "club" that doesn't have a rotation with a blind draw. Think about it, everyone pays the same money. Why on earth would it make any sense at all for someone that "hunted here last year", or the last twenty years for that matter, to be able to shoot birds most days when you can't? My opinion is that it doesn't make sense and if more hunters wised up and demanded rotation or nothing then it wouldn't happen so often. Good luck and be safe out there!!

PS: Seven days a week? We hunt two, and I harvested 300 birds, (six spoonies), on my membership last season. To each his own...

I had a blind at Butte City a few years back (pictured in profile picture with my deceased puppy). I have no complaints with the club or the manager, but I agree with Winemaker about the rotation and the hunt days. If Butte City rotated blinds and hunted on a refuge schedule, I would stay forever. 7 days a week and fixed locations with your decoys sitting out for 90 days is an outdated way of hunting private property, IMO.
"Shoot high, early and often!"
deathtospoonies
hunter

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting