Butte City Hunt CLub

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Re: Butte City Hunt CLub

Postby Duck_Popper » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:54 pm

napahunter wrote:[quoteCan't say anything bad about the club (except water is always end of November

Not this year in my blind!!! Were ready to hunt! Threw decoys all last weekend. Now we're flooded. My blind partener hunted it this morning. I took it off. From now on, it on![/quote]

Some fields always get water a lot sooner than us. Glad to hear your season is underway. I honestly got 2 blind ethos year because I thought I was going to miss 6 weeks this year again. But I am happy either way. Going out Saturday to throw out decoys. Good luck. Maybe we can link up at the lodge and talk.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Butte City Hunt CLub

Postby Duck_Popper » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Winemaker wrote:Very cool,

Butte City sounds like a rocking club for sure. Every member can shoot birds if they want to and it is social to boot. It sounds like exactly what most hunters I know want in a hunt club. My life was unfortunately poisoned by an experience with a club where MOST hunters had a chance to shoot birds, but if you were one of the last three people to lease a blind then this did not apply to you. I'm sure that many of the members of that club also described the club in the same glowing terms that this thread contains but Butte City must be different. Congratulations guys, and have a great season.

You know it does run a tiny bit in this club, meaning you get in a blind that is less producing than other and you kinda work your way up based on how long you have been there. But the great thing is that next year you can always ask " hey can I buy a seat in your blind? Help out with gear? Maintenance? Blind covers?" Most of the time it is yes. Or ask if anything has opened up in a certain field that they haven't paid their first dues immediately when the season closes. Lastly, a lot of people are accommodating and share a few beers at the lodge over a fire, some food and they will take you out.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting