Los Banos Camo for blind?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Los Banos Camo for blind?

Postby Los Banos » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:59 am

i need to build up camo for my blind in flood field off santa fe, next to gadwall unit for those who know the area. Where can i get camo material,its not really a heavy tule area, little bit of brush but basic open water island blind, any pointers or ideas?
Matt
Los Banos
hunter

Postby WIDGEONATOR » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:55 pm

I put hay around the blind so, it doesn't become such a muddy mess, a little or alot of gravel underneath also helps. Camo spray paint the blind outside and halfway down the inside. Use real Camo paint not Gloss Forest Green! Tumble weeds work great, the best is to stake some chicken wire and zip tie some natural cover to the chicken wire, wich should also be painted camo. Best advice, don't be a Cleatus and stick bamboo 6 feet up or use stuff that doesn't grow for 200 miles, like some of the people I see. :cool: :hammering:
WIDGEONATOR
hunter

Postby Russell » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:19 pm

The sagebrush chickenwire...or hog wire bit works well assuming you're hunting out of a barrel blind (?) I would also spray the rims of the concrete barrels flat black and cover them.

Using the surrounding, natural cover is the key....you don't want it to look "unusual" in the pond.
Russell
hunter

Postby Roy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:56 pm

WIDGEONATOR wrote:I put hay around the blind so, it doesn't become such a muddy mess, a little or alot of gravel underneath also helps. Camo spray paint the blind outside and halfway down the inside. Use real Camo paint not Gloss Forest Green! Tumble weeds work great, the best is to stake some chicken wire and zip tie some natural cover to the chicken wire, wich should also be painted camo. Best advice, don't be a Cleatus and stick bamboo 6 feet up or use stuff that doesn't grow for 200 miles, like some of the people I see. :cool: :hammering:

Hay's a good idea and works great. one suggestion, if you bring in bales use STRAW instead of hay because there are few seeds. the farmers really get ticked if you bring weeds into their property.

I hunt rice, so we put up a few large piles of rice straw and pull it out throughout the season.
Roy
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting