Input on californiaa duck clubs

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Input on californiaa duck clubs

Postby dkhntr4life » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:53 pm

I have been searching for a while for a good blind that wont involve me sacrificing one of my arms, and I came across Richmond Hunting Vlub out in Princeton california, they have blinds still available and I am seriously considering one, so if anyone has ever hunted it i would like your input on how well the [lace seemed to be managed as well as blind placement and so on so any imput would be very helpful thanks
dkhntr4life
hunter

Postby EXTREMA » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:01 pm

i hunted rhc in the late 80's -90's and we got birds back then. wilderness unlimited took over most of their good property. they are okay now but they don't shoot like they used too. you're more likely to get a pheasant than a duck now.

my two buddies are hunting rhc for the first time in 8 years this season so i can't really give you too great of details yet. they have a water blind and a field blind.
I love the fog and rain!
EXTREMA
hunter

Postby Roy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:37 am

They have a serious reputation as a "good 'Ol boys" club. you may have to wait along time to get a good blind space. Sometime a single in a four man blind opens up. but then you have to compete with three guys who you may, or may not, get along with.
Roy
hunter

Postby duckjumper » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:06 pm

Do a search on this site for the Richmond Hunt Club and you will find a long thread on this topic. Bottom line: Most people seem to think it is not worth it.
I love all of God's creatures, properly prepared.
duckjumper
hunter

Postby thedckstpshere » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:47 pm

RUN!!! Run far away from richmond hunting club dude. Stick to grizzly. RHC is a waste of money.
thedckstpshere
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting