Gun Purchase in California

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Gun Purchase in California

Postby tstrong » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:24 am

Can anyone tell me why Wallmart is not licensed to sell firearms in Calif? Also, the other states won't sell to Calif residents? I was looking to order a Mossberg 935 - any gun shop sells this for about $730.00 with tax and registration. Walmart - $572. I called the Walmart corporate office and they are not licensed to sell in Calif but could not tell me why? I called Arizona and they said they can't sell to Calif residents.
tstrong
hunter

Postby bullet » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:03 am

http://www.gunbroker.com
You can buy guns from out of state they just have to go to a FFL dealer and then to you. Look at this website and you'll see how it works and you can find a private FFL in your area. Usually a guy living close buy out of his house that just happends to have his liscense. Very easy and you can save a few bucks. I've seen the Mosberg on that site for less than 500. The FFL dealer will charge you a few bucks to bring it in. With all the charges you should be looking at 40 bucks but a store has to charge you some of that as well. Plus you have to pay tax
bullet
hunter

Postby tstrong » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:40 pm

GIT R DONE! Awesome, Got the gun on order, I pick it up in 10 days. Thanks for the info.

Tom
tstrong
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting