Anyone here from California??

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Postby tstrong » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:30 am

Spent the past Sunday and weds the 10th in mendotta. Only birds you see are 1st light. Got 1 mallard on Sunday and nothing yesterday. Clear skies until the sun comes up and lays a nice layer of fog. Just not too much flying. What's the name of the that club in corona. Are they affiliated with Raaugee's? I live in OC and do training at the Prado dog park. Anyone going south for the Pheasant opener this weekend?
tstrong
hunter

Postby iceberg » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:38 pm

Live in Sonora area. Looking for parter also.
iceberg
Newb

Postby PinTeal » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:55 am

tstrong wrote:Spent the past Sunday and weds the 10th in mendotta. Only birds you see are 1st light. Got 1 mallard on Sunday and nothing yesterday. Clear skies until the sun comes up and lays a nice layer of fog. Just not too much flying. What's the name of the that club in corona. Are they affiliated with Raaugee's? I live in OC and do training at the Prado dog park. Anyone going south for the Pheasant opener this weekend?

We are our own club/corporation...Prado Basin Duck Club. Right there behind prado dam in all the timber. I imagine you train your dog at Richardson, off Euclid exit off the 71? If you're interested in hunting it, shoot me an email or PM and I will give you the club manager's telephone number and see if you two can work out a day hunt deal.

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Postby bill 1965 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:50 am

IVE BEEN DUCKHUNTING FOR 10 YEARS NOW FINALY GOT MY SELF A TRAINED DOG, I HUNT MOSLY IN THE LOS BANOS REFUGE AND LIKE MOST SPEND THE FIRST7 YEARS GETTING UP EARLY TO RUSH OUT TO MY HOLE JUST TO FIND SOME ONE LESE IS ALREADY IN IT FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS I BEEN SLEEPING IN NOT GOING TO THE REFUGE TILL 10AM I PUT IN FOR THE BLIND I LIKE AND WAIT IF IT DOESNT OPEN I TAKE A PARKING LOT AND GO OUT FOUND THAT I KILL MORE DUCKS CAUSE IM NOT SLEEPY AND MOST OF THE SKY BUSTERS HAVE LEFT BY THAT TIME THE DUCKS RELAX A LITLE AND SEEM TO LAND AS THEY WATCH MOST OF THE CARS DRIVE OFF THE REFUGE I USALY HUNT EVERY SAT AND SUN AND EVERY SECOND WED KILLED A LIMIT OF GREEN HEADS EVERY TRIP SO FAR AND FOUND THE BIRDS THIS YEAR TO BE LOT BIGGER THEN LAST FEW YEARS IF SOME ONE NEEDS A HUNTING PARTNER FOR A LOS BANOS HUNT OR JUST NEEDS SOME HELP ON WHERE TO GO ON THE REFUGE SEND ME A REPLY BE GLAD TO HELP
bill 1965
hunter

Postby patfirekc » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:33 pm

WHATS UP I'M FROM MODESTO. I USED TO HUNT IN LOS BANOS OFF BRITTO RD FOR FOR YEARS. NOW I HUNT IN MODESTO ON MY BROTHER INLAWS PRIVATE RANCH. I'VE BEEN OUT 3 TIME THIS YEAR AND HAVE 4 GREEN HEADS 1 BANDED. 16 WOODYS AND TWO CAND.. I ALSO JUST GOT MY HUNTING DOG A CHOC LAB. AT 11 WEEKS SHE'S IN THE BLIND WITH ME NOT GUN SHY AND RETRIEVED ONE DUCK ALL READY.
NOR-CAL HUNTER
patfirekc
Newb

Postby PinTeal » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:16 pm

patfirekc wrote:WHATS UP I'M FROM MODESTO. I USED TO HUNT IN LOS BANOS OFF BRITTO RD FOR FOR YEARS. NOW I HUNT IN MODESTO ON MY BROTHER INLAWS PRIVATE RANCH. I'VE BEEN OUT 3 TIME THIS YEAR AND HAVE 4 GREEN HEADS 1 BANDED. 16 WOODYS AND TWO CAND.. I ALSO JUST GOT MY HUNTING DOG A CHOC LAB. AT 11 WEEKS SHE'S IN THE BLIND WITH ME NOT GUN SHY AND RETRIEVED ONE DUCK ALL READY.

Not sure if you're new here or not...but welcome--if you are. Nice bag...so far....compared to the rest of the state. We are doing well in the rice fields here...

I like to pass the wood ducks simply because they do not have the numbers.

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Postby patfirekc » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:31 pm

THATS 99% OF THE BIRDS THAT COME THROUGH MY AREA. ABOUT 350 F&G WOOD DUCK BOXES ON THE PLACE ALONE
NOR-CAL HUNTER
patfirekc
Newb

Postby tstrong » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:00 pm

hey patfireKC, let me know if you need any help on them woody's
tstrong
hunter

Postby mdhuntfish » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:37 pm

I hunt mostly at the salton sea, I have a trailer there year around, but I hunt ducks any were they are, one weekend I can be down south, the next weekend, I can be up in Colusa or Los Boanos. were ever the new ducks are at,
that is were I am hunting.

But like I said I hunt the south end of the sea the most, I have found it to be the most consistent. over the years.
mdhuntfish
hunter

Postby TWO GSPS » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:43 am

THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR DUCK HUNTING SO I'VE ONLY BEEN TO CIBOLA, WISTER, SAN JACINTO AND KERN ONCE EACH. I'VE NOT HAD MUCH LUCK WITH MY BLINDS LOCATIONS YET BUT I'M FIGURING THIS STUFF OUT.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY DOG.
TWO GSPS
hunter

THE "GUY"

Postby RAYPEREZ » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:41 pm

THE GUY IS NOT SITTING AROUND THE FIRE BECAUSE HE DONT WANT TO HERE WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING AND HE DOESN'T EVEN CARE.
HE DONT BRING DECOYS,HE DOSENT EVEN CALL BIRDS . HE SHOOTS AT YOUR BIRDS AND YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HE IS THERE UNTILE SHOOT TIME. BU THAT TIME ITS TO LATE .MAKE THE BEST OF IT WITHOUT ARGUING OR MOVE ITS NO WINNING BATTLE .THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. AND WITH GUNS INVOLVED THE HUMBLE MAN WINS.

BE SAFE TO ALL
God BLESS ALL THE HUNTERS .

P.S. THE ONLY WAY OUT IS TO GO PRIVATE CLUBS.
RAYPEREZ
Newb

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting