Merced Refuge!

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Merced Refuge!

Postby benelliboy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:25 pm

Has anyone hunted Merced this year? What blind did u hunt and how well did u do? What day did u hunt? I have reservation #3 and I still have not made my mind up on which blind's to hunt? Thats if the blind I want isnt already taken! lol
Dont call so damn much, and let the birds work
For christ sakes!
benelliboy
hunter

Postby stalns » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:14 pm

:thumbsup: Just hunted Merced Blind 5 yesterday. I had resi #6. We shot 8 gadwall 2 widgoen 3 teal and 1 redhead. This post is probably too late, but usually if you get a resi for Merced you take it. The check station has all the averages for the blinds. Just get the best average blind that is open. We were one of the lucky ones. It felt like we had the best shoot. One thing, you can only hunt till 12:00. If you get drawn again, and need a partner, contact me.
stalns
hunter

Postby stalns » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:39 pm

Did you use the resi? When was it?
stalns
hunter

Merced Refuge!

Postby benelliboy » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:00 am

My buddy and I got drawn #3. The #2 resi did not show up for the Dec. 29th hunt! Pretty good hunt! That day Its seemed that we shot more birds than anyone else too. We shot 2 greenheads and 8 greenwings. It was one of those days where everyone shot nothing but greenwings and shovlers because thats all there was to shoot! We decided to wait for more mallards because we hunted blind 14. I could have shot 40 to 50 greenwings but waited on the mallards! Talked to several guys that hunted that day and they said how super slow it was, one guy said he never fired his gun! Lucky draw#, Lucky I picked the right blind on that givin day! Would have loved to shoot gaddies all day! Sounds like you guys hunted on a good day!
:salude:
Dont call so damn much, and let the birds work
For christ sakes!
benelliboy
hunter

Postby stalns » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:22 pm

:salude: Blind 14! You picked a good one. We hunted 15 last year and watched the mallards bomb into the trees that day. Going out this weekend?

I think we were lucky on Wed. to shoot what we did.

Shoot straight!
stalns
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting