Term 91

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Term 91

Postby Privileged hunter » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:37 pm

Has anyone heard anymore about term 91? I don't hunt in the sac valley unless I get a low number at delevan or at the creek. How many acres does this effect ? And for any hunters in the San Joaquin valley do you see a bigger presence in birds when this is in effect ?
Privileged hunter
hunter

Re: Term 91

Postby Butta boom » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Term 91 will apply, according to CA. DWR. as of Monday. Negotiations were ongoing previously, but the necessity of keeping flows up for the salmon in the Sac. prevents any wiggle room from the state. The big districts that get supply from the Sac. Are likely to be cut back or prevented from diverting. GCID, RD 108, Princeton Codora Glen, Provident and some others. These districts irrigate about 300,000 acres, not all of which is rice, but will likely cut about seventy or eighty thousand acres of flooded rice out of the equation.

If we don't get significant rainfall, in the next month or so, that is the way it will be. Those with water will shoot well, those not flooded, won't hunt, and the pie won't be as large next year.
Butta boom
hunter

Postby Dbag » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:21 am

Butta boom, I was told today that a wildlife shorebird allotment may be accessible to farmers, do you have any info on this?
Dbag
hunter

Postby Butta boom » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:32 pm

I have not heard of that particular block of water, but the districts I named all have an allotment of "October" water that could be used for a floodup in that month, after harvest but before Nov. 1. The shorebird folks may be trying(paying) to get the farmers and the districts to provide some water during that time frame. We'll take anything at this point.
Butta boom
hunter

Postby Privileged hunter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:48 pm

So is it a mad dash to flood the rice before nov. 1 up there ?
Privileged hunter
hunter

Postby Gomerking » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 pm

That's what I've seen.
Earning Your Respect One Post at a Time

Dacowboy wrote:Jesus christ it's like the last day on Fiji with you guys on here.
Gomerking
hunter

Postby Butta boom » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:42 pm

Several water districts are only able to provide water for flood up before Nov. 1. That will allow some rice clubs to flood up or nearly so by then. Rice harvest is ahead of schedule, and many of those clubs are getting water now or soon.

After Nov. 1, the state controls the pumping of the Sacramentos' natural flow. They have prohibited any diversions pending improvement in the natural flows resulting from significant flows into the system.

So we have a situation where some clubs will have shooting for a few weeks, then nada, unless it rains. Other clubs that can't get flooded before the 1st may just have to pack it in, or pay and wait or water... Maybe.
Butta boom
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:00 pm

I sure hope that rain gods smile on the folks that are dependent on the H20. Have my fingers crossed for all the guys up there.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Butta boom » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Too bad we can't have a gov. shutdown in the state. The flows in the Sac. Are very low, as they should be. The minimum flow required to meet delta water quality standards. But if the goons that enforce the regs for DWR were to be declared "non-essential" the flows to most winter waterfowl habitat could be diverted and realized. If the state were not being charged with enforcing the endangered species act, they could protect the pacific flyway, instead of trying to protect the delta smelt.

Truly the time to recognize the real impacts of these stupid laws is now.

All of this term 91 BS is done to protect endangered species in the delta. The San Joaquin flows don't change. The flows to the Delta are being "Jerry Rigged" to protect smelt, at the expense of our hunting and habitat.

We need to wake up and stop further diversions fom the Delta, so we can protect our basic supply. The Sac. Valley relies on these diversions to keep the waterfowl habitat in place, they get the water now, after we're through with it. What, they want it free of duck shirts?
Butta boom
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:25 am

Watchout Butta Boom ! In time mankind will screw-up the Sac River just like the San Joaquin , here !

Big Money Corp Farmers get what they want ( for a Fee ) reguardless of what the birds/wildlife/fish need ?

All it takes is a mere donation to the right people ?
3200 man
hunter

Postby Hntn Dux » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:45 am

Hey, haven't you guys listened to Brown and read the newspapers? The Diversion Tunnels are going to save the Delta! I never knew you could have insufficient flows to start with and then if you divert more water...whala!...a saved Delta. :huh: I really want to sit down with those folks and ask them...Are you really that stupid? (although I already know the answer).
Hntn Dux
hunter

Postby Butta boom » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:04 pm

To 3200,

Have you seen the thousands, no tens of thousands of acres abandoned in your neighborhood? I think the water is flowing a little further south, than the drip irrigated orchards of the San Joaquin.

Big Ag is losing, big welfare is winning. LA. County is using more water than the SJ Valley. And they got first dibs. There is no product emanating from that cesspool that justifies the level of government expenditures that are propping up that slacker city.

LA is truly ruling this state, to our detriment. The only things that matter is EBT cards, and unemployment, and welfare, and disability, and amnesty.

Please pay attention.

SeƱor Boom, gotta assimilate.
Butta boom
hunter

Postby Privileged hunter » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:36 pm

The tunnel project is loosing its steam.
Privileged hunter
hunter

Postby Butta boom » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:38 pm

The only way to defeat the tunnels, is to defeat Jerry Brown. While I agree that the tunnels project is losing in the public opinion arena, the public will never get to weigh in on the issue. Our only chance is to defeat the governor. Who's running?
Butta boom
hunter

Postby Privileged hunter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:20 pm

If the public stands strong against the tunnels,like we are. The public will always win.
Privileged hunter
hunter

Postby callinfowl » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:38 am

What fairy tale world are you living in ? :huh: :help:
It doesn't matter what the people want, this state will do as they please...........like they always have done. :yes: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Lifes to short to sweat the small crap !
Lighten up and have some fun ,before ya die !

Laugh at yourself and with others!!!!!
callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Postby 3200 man » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:55 am

But But , but they say they are raising our farm laborers for the future ? :huh:

And , they got the votes to prove it ! :yes:

How is this to change ? Big Corp Farming needs them............I see this as a smoke screen , too !
3200 man
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting