BEAVER POND WITH A LOT OF DUCKS AND GEESE

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

BEAVER POND WITH A LOT OF DUCKS AND GEESE

Postby kingquackjr » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:54 pm

this last storm flood over a beaver dam into a field. it also helps that the smart weed grows well there. anyway took a 14 year old, miles prince. we jump at least 100 geese and twice as many ducks while walking in. we hunted for an hour and got 6 honkers and 8 mallards. mile took a drake mallard that was banded. it was his first band. went driving around the area and saw flood fields with both ducks and geese in them. shasta county is not a hot spot for ducks and geese except for northeastern shasta county but theres a lots of honkers and mallards now in the farm fields in the anderson cottonwood area. anyone else having success with beaver ponds and flood pasture land.

i posted photos of miles on my web site kingquackjr.com: duck hunitng vince aiello
kingquackjr
Newb

Postby BrenMonty » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:44 pm

Hey kingquakjr:

I know Miles! I went to CWA camp with him and we were friends there. Tell him someone from camp says hi if you can. Thanks
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other guy die for his.

-George Patton
BrenMonty
Newb

Return to California Duck Hunting