10/19 is up (really)

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Re: 10/19 is up (really)

Postby eastbaybirdkiller » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:37 pm

#1 at Colusa, fingers crossed they figure it out
eastbaybirdkiller
hunter

Postby das mudhen » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Decent option if the place is open.

Otherwise, got plenty of other fun stuff to do that weekend...

mudhen
"Lighten up Francis"

Sgt. Hulka
das mudhen
hunter

Postby picciuto » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Nothing. Not even gray lodge. :huh:
picciuto
hunter

Postby dj youth duckhunter » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:07 pm

huntnteen wrote:I drew #24 at Sac, here's to hoping it will be open

Should be a good hunt if they figure it out keeping me fingers crossed for the both of us! :bow:
Dustin~

dj youth duckhunter
hunter

Postby rodzilla » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:56 pm

I am holding out hope for drawing something for Sunday, but I have a feeling that the weekend is going to full lotteries and sweatlines. I need to get more duck hunting buddies so that we can divide and conquer..
rodzilla
hunter

Postby bill in san jose » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:00 pm

KenaiHunter wrote:Mendota... Never hunted it, should be a learning experience for sure!

Remember that reservation #1 and #300 are 'equal' at Mendota. First in line goes in first, last in line is last. The resy line starts a week to 10 days prior to the opener, you can park your truck in line and leave it but you're supposed to stay on the refuge in Camp City with the trailers and tents.

If you get there Friday morning you'll be about 1/2 way back in the line.

Mendota starts filling 3 hours before shoot time on opening day to get everybody in. All free roam (no reserved blind ponds) with guys who've hunted it for decades wanting 'their' spot.

It's a madhouse but I'd do it again.

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow a duck is watching you.
bill in san jose
hunter

Postby KenaiHunter » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up Bill. Like I said, never hunted it, but am familiar with the first come first serve Resi deal. I hunt grizzly often so I can imagine how Mendota can get. I'm gonna give her hell...either way, a day duck hunting (especially opening weekend), beats any other day doing anything else!
KenaiHunter
hunter

Postby DZHunter8 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:52 pm

No Ressi's for me but good thing I got invited to hunt a blind near colusa for the opener :grooving:
"Spec murderer" put a video up on here with him running that call and it sounded great. when i run it, it sounds like a ferret getting skinned alive. -AJCsurf
DZHunter8
hunter

Postby SmackinTheQuackin » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Big zero for me..
HUNT TO HUNT ANOTHER DAY

CONTRA COSTA COUNTY DUCKS UNLIMITED CHAPTER

"hold my beer...watch this"
SmackinTheQuackin
hunter

Postby norcalduckaholic » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:59 pm

#13 at Yolo or #49 at Volta? Which one? :wink:
norcalduckaholic
hunter

Postby #4Buckshot » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:16 pm

Nothing for me either, although it might have helped if I had put in for the correct weekend instead of the 26th-27th.
Getting old is a terrible thing.
#4Buckshot
hunter

Postby WisterSpoonieSlayer » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:46 pm

Finally drew for the opener. #41 for Volta and #49 for Wister.
WisterSpoonieSlayer
hunter

Postby hunterjon24 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:41 pm

#6 at colusa! Fingers are crossed.
Refuge rat
hunterjon24
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:15 am

lt1chevelle wrote:#16 kesterson, question for you all. I know they have some 3 man blinds what are u suppose to do bring 3 and hope u get into one and if not go make your buddies draw straws on who gets to go in non are open Lol? Seem kinda stupid to just has a certain amount of 3 when majority of them are 2.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I think you should be more concerned that this is at the San Luis NWR... and its closed....
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:18 am

#4Buckshot wrote:Nothing for me either, although it might have helped if I had put in for the correct weekend instead of the 26th-27th.
Getting old is a terrible thing.

Oh no! :lol3:
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby Wooduckschmuck » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:04 am

San Luis on the 19th and Volta on the 20th. Never been to either, should be an adventure!
Wooduckschmuck
hunter

Postby LeakyW8ers » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:58 am

lt1chevelle wrote:#16 kesterson, question for you all. I know they have some 3 man blinds what are u suppose to do bring 3 and hope u get into one and if not go make your buddies draw straws on who gets to go in non are open Lol? Seem kinda stupid to just has a certain amount of 3 when majority of them are 2.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

If the Government Shutdown doesn't end, You won't have to worry about it since Kesterson will not be open. :mad:
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you.

California Waterfowl Association Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member
National Rifle Association Member
LeakyW8ers
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:52 am

If you guys are shut out of the refuge on opening weekend take advantage of the time off and go shoot sporting clays.

Quail point is over by the intersection of 5 and 505... And Rooster Ranch is about 10 minutes from Kesterson.

The only guy on this thread that I know for sure doesn't need to practice is Leaky!
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:07 am

slowshooter wrote:If you guys are shut out of the refuge on opening weekend take advantage of the time off and go shoot sporting clays.

Quail point is over by the intersection of 5 and 505... And Rooster Ranch is about 10 minutes from Kesterson.

The only guy on this thread that I know for sure doesn't need to practice is Leaky!

Speak for yourself! I had over a 5 bird average last year!!! :yes:
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:37 am

RefugeRat4Life wrote:
slowshooter wrote:If you guys are shut out of the refuge on opening weekend take advantage of the time off and go shoot sporting clays.

Lol out of how many trips. Opening day and last day of the season? :lol3:
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby LeakyW8ers » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:55 am

slowshooter wrote:The only guy on this thread that I know for sure doesn't need to practice is Leaky!

I don't know about that. That score I posted on Saturday at Rooster indicates that I could use at least 19% more practice. :oops:

Although last night's skeet scores were a tad better. :thumbsup:
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you.

California Waterfowl Association Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member
National Rifle Association Member
LeakyW8ers
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:56 pm

spoonysmaker wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:

Sppony, how did you know?! I love how you would assume that someone would shoot like you. Bravo! :clapping:
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:34 pm

RefugeRat4Life wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:

Sppony, how did you know?! I love how you would assume that someone would shoot like you. Bravo! :clapping:

Haha a lot of people wish they could. Hunted a solid 30 days last season. Ended with just over 4.5 bird average. If your not happy with that might as well quit. :beer:
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:38 pm

spoonysmaker wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:

Haha a lot of people wish they could. Hunted a solid 30 days last season. Ended with just over 4.5 bird average. If your not happy with that might as well quit. :beer:

Don't be counting all those spoonbills and ring necks! :wink:

I had 16 days out last season. The wife would have killed me if I went anymore. I am slowly earning more and more time out... I am aiming for 19 days this season. Especially since my partner in duck blastin' just got a war eagle boat and we built a pull up blind from conduit and avery cover. It is gunna be a good year! :)
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:15 pm

RefugeRat4Life wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:

Don't be counting all those spoonbills and ring necks! :wink:

I had 16 days out last season. The wife would have killed me if I went anymore. I am slowly earning more and more time out... I am aiming for 19 days this season. Especially since my partner in duck blastin' just got a war eagle boat and we built a pull up blind from conduit and avery cover. It is gunna be a good year! :)

That's where you messed up. Before I got married I let my wife know that duck hunting comes first :yes:
spoonysmaker
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to California Duck Hunting