Its A NWR but....

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Re: Its A NWR but....

Postby J-S » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:07 pm

I was lucky enough to get drawn for Delevan NWR. I have never been there and was looking for a map on FWS website. Looks like site is down due to the partial government shut down. May not make it out anyway.

Now, is the Mrs. Obama's website letsmove.gov an essential part of the government? Letsmove.gov is still up and running.

WHAT THE HECK!!!!!! :mad:
J-S
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Welcome to the enslavement of the American people by the ones who were once enslaved...

the irony :huh:
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby vbirddogs » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:00 pm

See, now if we were all Mexican Illegal immigrant duck hunters wanting to hunt the Federal Refuges on the opener they'd let us. Just like they opened/allowed the Mexican Illegals to host a protest at the National Mall (Federal owned, closed, but opened for them) Tuesday.
vbirddogs
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:39 pm

vbirddogs wrote:See, now if we were all Mexican Illegal immigrant duck hunters wanting to hunt the Federal Refuges on the opener they'd let us. Just like they opened/allowed the Mexican Illegals to host a protest at the National Mall (Federal owned, closed, but opened for them) Tuesday.

:lol:
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby dahonkerkonker » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:49 am

Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to read all of the responses to this post. However, I have the #6 draw for Kern NWR on October 12, the upcoming Saturday, but I have no idea if they will be open. I have no intention to hijack this thread, yet if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated. No spots are desired at all, simply the status of the refuge, whether it is open or not. If it is open I likely have room on my reservation, PM me if interested.
dahonkerkonker
hunter

Postby Honda181 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:56 am

Ladies and mostly gentleman that land out there that they are closing isn't there's to close. It is my land and your land these people simply work for us. Also please don't think these people care about you because if they did we wouldn't have the ndaa and the Patriot act. I know this isn't the right forum but to the gentleman that said he was going to be there with or without the feds I'm down and I'll go with you. It's easy to silence one person but it's much more difficult to silence an army. So how about people stop whining about Oh I really wish they'd figure it out and they need to pull there heads out of their ass. The answer is quite simple, you and I couldn't go to the nearest 7-11 and shut them down because I was fighting with a group of people across the street about how to fund our hunting habits. I will go with any person to hunt OUR refuges when ever they want to go as long as I'm off work.
Honda181
hunter

Postby Honda181 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:13 am

If the Fed was really shut down they'd have nobody to enforce these retarded laws and we would truly be free..... I feel like William Wallace but crap
Honda181
hunter

Postby J-S » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:45 am

vbirddogs wrote:See, now if we were all Mexican Illegal immigrant duck hunters wanting to hunt the Federal Refuges on the opener they'd let us. Just like they opened/allowed the Mexican Illegals to host a protest at the National Mall (Federal owned, closed, but opened for them) Tuesday.

I think you are on to something! I am a proud naturalized American citizen that was born in Mexico. Maybe they'll let me hunt! :biggrin:
J-S
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:30 am

J-S wrote:. I think you are on to something! I am a proud naturalized American citizen that was born in Mexico. Maybe they'll let me hunt! :biggrin:

Nope. You are one of us now and therefore subject to the same tyranny.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby jcarmydoc » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:34 am

clampdaddy wrote:
J-S wrote:. I think you are on to something! I am a proud naturalized American citizen that was born in Mexico. Maybe they'll let me hunt! :biggrin:

Nope. You are one of us now and therefore subject to the same tyranny.

:hammer: :beer:
jcarmydoc
hunter

Postby LeakyW8ers » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:55 am

dahonkerkonker wrote:Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to read all of the responses to this post. However, I have the #6 draw for Kern NWR on October 12, the upcoming Saturday, but I have no idea if they will be open. I have no intention to hijack this thread, yet if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated. No spots are desired at all, simply the status of the refuge, whether it is open or not. If it is open I likely have room on my reservation, PM me if interested.

Kern will be closed as long as the Government is still shut down. The Government would need to open today, for Kern to be open on Saturday. The word I've heard is that the refuges would need 1 day to be operational once the Government opens back up. That's just what I've heard from guys who have talked with the refuge managers.

In addition, this morning's headlines that Boehner wants to do a temporary debt increase to last another 6 weeks isn't boding well for the Government to re-open. This COULD extend the shut-down for another 6 weeks to November 22. Click here for Yahoo "news" story.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you.

California Waterfowl Association Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member
National Rifle Association Member
LeakyW8ers
hunter

Postby AJCsurf » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:10 am

Obama has said he would sign a short-term extension, but not if it contained other language that he opposes, and wants Congress to send him a bill unconditionally ending the partial government shutdown as well.

from leaky's story. So if they give it to him and he signs it soon, then there's still hope right?
AJCsurf
hunter

Postby J-S » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:23 am

The republicans shouldnot give in. They made it this far, don't give in now. They should stand together and fight this guy! Let's look at the bigger picture, loosing a few days of the hunting season is peanuts to what is coming ahead if the democ-RATS get their way.
J-S
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:30 am

J-S wrote:The republicans shouldnot give in. They made it this far, don't give in now. They should stand together and fight this guy! Let's look at the bigger picture, loosing a few days of the hunting season is peanuts to what is coming ahead if the democ-RATS get their way.

Agreed! Plus we need to really rethink our budget and CUT costs on federal expenditures, not raise the amount of money we borrow.....
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting