New season..

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

New season..

Postby #1wingnut » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:16 pm

I'd just just like to take a second and wish everyone a safe and sucsessful 2013 2014 waterfowl season. :thumbsup:
While we are all out there enjoying another season in the great outdoors, Lets try to remember what is really important.
We all love full straps and we all get excided when the ducks start pouring in. Please remember! ... no duck is worth a life.
Always keep safety as your number 1 prioity. Know your swing. Its always ok to.. "NOT" take that shot. you will have another chance.... Once you pull the trigger.. its forever. you can never take it back.

For the boaters out there.... PFD! WEAR THEM!!!

I'm not trying to be a downer or rain on your parade.. but take a second and read this.

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1041 ... Hubbard-Co

Every "NEW" hunter I take out, I go over the safety rules for about 30 min before each hunt. I point out their lanes and the range they should be shooting at. Standing up in the boat is a big ... NO!!! I have them do some practice "up's" and swings a few times so we both know where that muzzle is going to end up.
The maylay of mallards, shotguns, dogs, boats and excided hunters... things can get very dangerous very fast. I dont want any surprise's.

Be smart and be safe. :thumbsup:

I hope ya'll have a great season!

#1wingnut
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Re: New season..

Postby spoonysmaker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Poor kid.... I had a buddy almost shoot my head of one time. He got an *** whoopin and that was the last time he ever came duck hunting with me.
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:26 pm

spoonysmaker wrote:Poor kid.... I had a buddy almost shoot my head of one time. He got an *** whoopin and that was the last time he ever came duck hunting with me.

Not a good sign when you see ambulance lights halling ass down the refuge rd. My 2nd year of hunting. 3 teens kids in layout blind at honey lake Dakin. One flight of birds come in. Bang bang. Yeah. Kid jump up to fetch a bird just as his buddy was pulling the 3rd shot. Blew the back of his head right off. Dead on the spot.

Great advice.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:30 pm

I was out there also danko... I knew the guy who got shot and I talk to the guy who shot him every now and then and he still is not the same . Bad deal there. :no:
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:29 pm

sprigpig1 wrote:I was out there also danko... I knew the guy who got shot and I talk to the guy who shot him every now and then and he still is not the same . Bad deal there. :no:

That is crazey. I could not belive it when it happened
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting