waders/ awesome customer service

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

waders/ awesome customer service

Postby quack-attack » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:22 pm

I have been telling anyone that would listen that I think the Caddis breathable waders are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Far and away more comfortable than anything i have ever wore before. I bought a pair at the end of last season and loved them..first trip out this year i had a slight leak in a seam. Not sure where it was, so i sent them back for repair. Two days later they send me a new pair. The company is headquartered in LaPine Oregon. Anyway, we deal with enough crappy customer service and crappy products thought I would pump up the good stuff. I have absolutely no connection with the company.

here is the link to the company. I think sportsmens den in chico carries them and Sutter Orchard in Yuba City does too.

http://www.waterfowlwaders.com/products ... product=67
Last edited by quack-attack on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” Aldo Leopold
quack-attack
hunter

Re: waders/ awesome customer service

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:29 pm

I would also highly suggest macks prarie wings. I bought a pair of there waders last September. Hunted hard all season. They got a leak in the seam somewhere halfway through the season. I couldn't afford the down time to send them back so hunted them till the end of the season. Well I got lazy after the season and finally sent them back at the end of August and received a full refund. :grooving: got to love good customer service.
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby Calikev » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Macks breathables did not hold up for me. 10 hunts and they leaked. Returned them and used the money for something else. I have had very little luck with breathables but I can't stand neoprenes either so what is a guy to do?

Caddis waders might have good customer service but why should a pair of waders that weren't used until late last season be leaking so early this year? Not good but par for the course really.

I am beginning to think my buddy over at USIA was right. He said NO breathable wader on the market is made to stand the test of duck hunting over the course of a few years if you use them frequently. He said it isn't possible with the technology they use. His waders are built differently in that regard. His are built like diver suits so they aren't necessary breathable but that is the problem with breathables. His waders will last you for years and years. They might cost you but they will last. They aren't as bad as neoprenes but they aren't breathable either.

So while breathables are comfortable and nice when they aren't leaking, plan on them leaking a lot. They are made that way which lends itself to leaking. That is why many of them need good customer service because chances are those waders are coming back real quick. The seams won't hold up because of how they are made and the material they use.

If you get a chance look at USIA.
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Good to know. I was thinking about trying macks breathables one day. I believe the pair I had were the big ditch 3mm. I ended up purchasing a pair of lacross mallard 2 waders. Anyone had any experience with these? The ankle fit boots seems like it's a pretty good idea?
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby speczilla » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Calikev is correct. ALL breathables will blow out eventually. I've had the best luck with LaCrosse Alpha Swampfox. They last me about 50 hunts depending on the circumstances.
speczilla
hunter

Postby pantano » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Calikev, good to know. I bought breathables (cabela's) last season for the first time and loved them. Whole different experience hunting in them in comparison to my neoprenes. They worked great, but that's just one season. Looks like I might need to expect a leak in coming seasons.
pantano
hunter

Postby Rem887 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:21 am

i ended up buying those same waders except the full camo ones a couple weeks, they were cheaper than the half and half for some reason
Rem887
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting