Any way to withdraw a reservation request?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Any way to withdraw a reservation request?

Postby fish dog » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:33 pm

I think I already know the answer and I don't even want my money back for it, but, I just found out that I have other obligations for Oct. 30th so if I get even a #1 draw I can't go. Just to be fair to my fellow hunters I was wondering if there was any way to withdraw from the drawing for reservations for the 30th? I'd hate to get a good draw and not be able to go and, since I know in advance, it just seems unfair to others in the drawing that would be able to go in case I get "lucky" and get a reservation. I looked at the DFW web site for the drawings and can't find anything that lets you drop a reservation request so I'm thinking I'll just have to let it ride and hope I don't get picked. Anybody have any other info on this. I'm just trying to be fair with my fellow waterfowlers.
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
fish dog
hunter

Re: Any way to withdraw a reservation request?

Postby AJCsurf » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 pm

fish dog wrote:I think I already know the answer and I don't even want my money back for it, but, I just found out that I have other obligations for Oct. 30th so if I get even a #1 draw I can't go. Just to be fair to my fellow hunters I was wondering if there was any way to withdraw from the drawing for reservations for the 30th? I'd hate to get a good draw and not be able to go and, since I know in advance, it just seems unfair to others in the drawing that would be able to go in case I get "lucky" and get a reservation. I looked at the DFW web site for the drawings and can't find anything that lets you drop a reservation request so I'm thinking I'll just have to let it ride and hope I don't get picked. Anybody have any other info on this. I'm just trying to be fair with my fellow waterfowlers.

you are still fair, the lotto guys will be able to get on sooner. Everybody wins :thumbsup:
AJCsurf
hunter

Postby steelheadmike » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:28 pm

If you really want out of the drawing, just put in for the same date at the same refuge. That'll get you dq'ed from the drawing.
steelheadmike
hunter

Postby fish dog » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:14 pm

steelheadmike wrote:If you really want out of the drawing, just put in for the same date at the same refuge. That'll get you dq'ed from the drawing.

Hummm...that's an idea...except I was reading another discussion about someone accidentally putting in for a duplicate and they only dq'ed the duplicate, and, of course kept the money.
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
fish dog
hunter

Postby DuckFan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 pm

steelheadmike wrote:If you really want out of the drawing, just put in for the same date at the same refuge. That'll get you dq'ed from the drawing.

Actually, I believe that only the duplicate application would be disqualified - not that you would be totally disqualified.

You will have paid extra for the second app, and it will be DQ'd, but the original one would be ok. It is my understanding the dup ones are just tossed out by the system now.

Thats how it reads in the rules.

I will check with them and see if I understand it corectly. :wink:
Proud Life Member - CWA
Member - Delta Waterfowl
Member - Ducks Unlimited
DuckFan
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:37 pm

You are right duckfan, I have confirmed this issue with Mr. underwood in the past.
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby steelheadmike » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Then how I end up with "disqualified" drawing result? I'm pretty sure I got it from submitting 2 rezzie apps on the same day. Hmmmm...
steelheadmike
hunter

Postby Glenn Underwood » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:13 am

steelheadmike wrote:Then how I end up with "disqualified" drawing result? I'm pretty sure I got it from submitting 2 rezzie apps on the same day. Hmmmm...

If you submit a duplicate choice, one will be disqualified. The other will be in the draw and status after the draw should be unsuccessful or successful.
Glenn Underwood
hunter

Postby dahonkerkonker » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:41 am

steelheadmike wrote:Then how I end up with "disqualified" drawing result? I'm pretty sure I got it from submitting 2 rezzie apps on the same day. Hmmmm...

I believe steelheadmike is correct. I called because I accidentally placed two applications for the same day and they informed me that both applications were automatically withdrawn, unfortunately.
dahonkerkonker
hunter

Postby DuckFan » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:00 am

Glenn

Thanks for coming on here to clarify

Rick
Proud Life Member - CWA
Member - Delta Waterfowl
Member - Ducks Unlimited
DuckFan
hunter

Postby bill in san jose » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:39 am

Thanks Glenn

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow a duck is watching you.
bill in san jose
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting