Federal Stamp Question... To pass some time...

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Federal Stamp Question... To pass some time...

Postby Refuge_Usual » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:02 pm

So I've been thinking lately about how the federal government shutdown has affected many of our fellow waterfowlers up North. My question is that since the federal government is on shutdown why do we have to possess our federal duck stamp to be able to hunt? I mean it is only fair that since they are not doing their job, why should we pay our dues to a government who can't do their job correctly. I know that the federal duck stamp money collected goes into future management of waterfowl habitat (I hope it does), but I would like to hear about what how the rest of you guys feel.

Also, I would like to wish everyone a safe opener this coming up weekend for the BOS and a season filled with limits of whatever it is you love to shoot. It has been a long time coming and the wait is almost over. Good luck to all.
Refuge_Usual
hunter

Re: Federal Stamp Question... To pass some time...

Postby hdunn49 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:15 pm

i'm happy to pay for the duck stamp. that fee (supposedly) funds the feds studies on migration, numbers, habitat, disease etc. I heard Jessie Ventura last week say that for everyday the gov. is shut down we should pay that %age less in taxes next year. sounds good to me.
hdunn49
hunter

Postby Tyrtruion » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:22 pm

We as sportsmen are better than politicians... 2 wrongs don't make a right and let's not stoop to their level. :fingerpt:

Although I do think they should add refuge days for people that drew during shutdowns.
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:40 pm

[quote="Tyrtruion"]We as sportsmen are better than politicians... 2 wrongs don't make a right and let's not stoop to their level. :fingerpt:

:clapping: :thumbsup:
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Return to California Duck Hunting