gov. should open <= 17 th

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

gov. should open <= 17 th

Postby nastynate » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:47 am

nastynate
hunter

Re: gov. should open <= 17 th

Postby LeakyW8ers » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:02 am

Still needs to be voted on in both houses of Congress. So don't go counting your chickens before they hatch.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you.

California Waterfowl Association Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member
National Rifle Association Member
LeakyW8ers
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:41 am

Yep... Still needs to be passed In the Senate and the house. Even if it does pass, may take a few days to trickle down to the refuge systems. My prediction is that opening day for NWR will be Wed 9/23/2013.
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby NorthCoaster » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:54 am

Still needs to get passed, however, most north valley NWRs check stations, Sac for example are run by the state. I just called the region headquarters, and couldn't she guarantee they would be open, but she did mention there's not a ton of effort to operate the check stations and be ready for the opener- take that as you wish...

I was also told CDFW's website would be updated as soon as they get word, and to check there for updates.

With specific regard to sac, I was told by a FWS employee that the hunt area at sac was in good condition before the shutdown and water, etc, was not a problem.
Duck hunting is a learning experience, if you don't learn something new on every trip you aren't really hunting.
NorthCoaster
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting